The great thing about Las Vegas is that it’s always full of new people, flitting in and out from all over the country. But if you’re in the city for a while, you’ll soon learn that dating in Las Vegas has its own challenges. Most people are here to party, and those who stick around aren’t likely to be single and looking. So in a post-pandemic world, is there hope for those who are venturing into dating in Las Vegas?
Is there a solution to these problems that many men and women experience? Yes, with just a little effort, finding a date in Las Vegas is actually much easier than in other cities. The catch? You’ll probably need to try new approaches to dating in Las Vegas, like leaving the familiarity of your neighborhood, checking out new venues (beyond the Vegas Strip), and being patient. Taking a trip out to an unfamiliar bar or museum doesn't exactly sound like the start of a great romance, but you would be surprised at the results!
In this in-depth guide, we'll provide some of the most proven suggestions on where to meet Las Vegas singles, great date ideas throughout the metropolitan area, and some of our favorite date spots around Las Vegas that have been the backdrop to some successful dates!
Table of Contents
What Dating in Las Vegas Is Like Right Now
To start, let's look at an overview of what the Las Vegas dating scene is actually like:
Many young singles choose Las Vegas for its proximity to the Vegas Strip, a diverse set of industries that makes the city a great way to start a career, and a relatively dry year-round climate. With so many opportunities in the tourism/entertainment industries, as well as being home to plenty of aerospace and IT companies, new people are constantly moving to Las Vegas for the standard of living you won’t find elsewhere.
There is also quite a bit of diversity in the type of singles you can find in Las Vegas, especially for Nevada, which makes finding exactly what you are looking for more attainable - that is, if you’re willing to put in the effort.
If you look at the total number of singles out there right now in the Las Vegas dating scene, you might be surprised to realize just how much opportunity is out there. Currently, Las Vegas has 113,000 single women and 128,000 single men, accounting for nearly 37% of the total population. That's A LOT of singles out there, and you only need to find the right one at the right time to hit it off.
Now, we know what you’re thinking: If there are so many singles in Las Vegas out there, why am I single? Sadly, the truth is that having tons of dating options doesn't necessarily mean that dating in Las Vegas is going to be easy. Instead, a realistic outlook should be more encouraging. In other words, there are plenty of options, but you just need to be looking in the right places with the right expectations.
Where to Meet Someone to Date in Las Vegas
We believe in honesty - and honestly, it's almost impossible to make a list of the best places to find someone to date in Las Vegas. There are just a lot of things that happen on any given day. Depending on the type of person you're looking for (ie. artsy, traditional, outgoing, etc.), your search will take you to different neighborhoods and places geared towards those who enjoy similar things.
To simplify things, we’ve compiled some of the best places to meet Las Vegas singles that are looking for more than just a short-term ONS (we have a comprehensive list of suggestions on where to find Las Vegas hookups if that’s your bag). These places tend to have the following criteria in common for finding serious relationships:
- Plenty of available singles
- A fun and lively atmosphere
- Easy to mix and mingle with new people
- Quiet enough to actually hold an engaging conversation
- Alcohol is a big plus for social lubrication
- A relatively inexpensive night out
In our opinion, those six (6) characteristics are very useful when meeting up with other available Las Vegas singles. Now, before we get into some specific recommendations, let's quickly turn our attention to apps:
Why you should be using at least one app
Are you using an app right now? If not, then you're really missing out on today’s Las Vegas dating scene. With all the social distancing that's happened over the past couple of years, more and more people are using apps to gain a competitive advantage. What makes it worse is that a lot of people are ONLY using apps to meet people.
Should you just stick to dating apps? Not entirely, but it can be a real struggle if you have a busy life and value your available free time.
If you've struggled in the past with choosing which app works for you, check out our rankings of the best dating apps in Las Vegas to get a sense of what apps are the best fit. From career-oriented Vegas singles, those who make religion a significant part of their daily lives, and singles seeking their life partner, there are a lot of options to choose from in Las Vegas, each with its own unique user base. If you're short on time and what to get the gist of the full article, these apps are the best first choice:
- eHarmony (which you can try free) is the best option for finding long-lasting relationships and comes with the best overall track record of all dating apps
- AFF is best for more casual fun (unless you are incredibly attractive) - free trial, too! If you're local or just here for fun casual dating is pretty popular. Out of all the apps out there this is where we've been seeing singles get the best results, especially single guys.
After trying out 100s of dating apps and hearing feedback from our readers, we've got a decent understanding of what's working out in the “real” world (and what’s not). Check out our full rankings above for more info. Now, let's talk about our favorite spots around Las Vegas.
The best singles bars in Las Vegas
Using the six criteria listed in the previous section, we've narrowed down the options to the best bars in Las Vegas for singles. These best-of-the-best drinking establishments offer the best chances for singles to meet up in Vegas, have a couple of drinks, and enjoy the ambiance while catching the eye of your next date.
This isn't a complete list of all the bars in Las Vegas, just the bars worth trying first:
- Double Down Saloon in the University District - 4640 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89169
- The Golden Tiki in Chinatown Plaza - 3939 Spring Mountain Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89102
- Oak & Ivy in Downtown Las Vegas - 707 E Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101
- ReBAR in the Arts District - 1225 S Main St, Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Atomic Tavern in the Arts District - 1404 S 3rd St, Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Frankie’s Tiki Room in Rancho Oakey - 1712 W Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89102
- Visit Drai’s to meet a Las Vegas cougar - 3595 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
Give these a try. It’s our goal to provide you with plenty of options from different neighborhoods. However, you should know that there are plenty of bars that work depending on the time of day (ie. happy hour, ladies' night, no cover), whether they have popular live events, or simply are the preferred choice for attractive people. If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments below.
A few other great places to find a date in Las Vegas
Bars can be a great place to meet other Vegas singles, but there are other options that don’t rely on drinking as much. You can still find success to find a date in Las Vegas outside of a traditional bar setting - even during the scorching summer season and frigid winter months.
As with anything dating-related, being open-minded gives you a competitive advantage. Above all, don't take things too seriously. Just having fun and spending time in these places shifts the odds in your favor to find someone you might not run into elsewhere. Take a look at a few more options that have helped men and women in Las Vegas get to know each other that are looking for dates:
- Dino’s Lounge on the Vegas Strip - 1516 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Spotlight Lounge in Downtown South - 975 E Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Mothership Coffee Roasters in Downtown Las Vegas - 1028 E Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Golden Fog Coffee in the Arts District - 1300 S Casino Center Blvd Unit 110, Las Vegas, NV 89104
- The JOLT Coffee Co. in Downtown Las Vegas - 401 S Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Whole Foods, Sprout’s Market, or Trader Joe’s - Trust us, attractive people in Las Vegas only shop upscale and organic!
- Meetup groups - There are tons of groups that are full of eager Las Vegas singles looking to share their interests, including gaming, music, technology, sports, and plenty of singles mixers
- Again, apps and sites are a good option to meet while out or plan a quick date (check out the best dating sites in Las Vegas here)
The Apps Dating Coaches Recommend Most For Dating in Las Vegas
Modern dating requires modern solutions. So far, the best solution we’ve found for perpetual singledom is dating apps. Aside from going to places that are popular with single women, you should also be using at least one of the dating apps we’ve tried below.
Site Our Experience Our Rating Free Trial Link Experience Highlights Try eHarmony Experience Highlights Try AFF For Free Tinder Highlights Try Tinder
What about speed dating in Las Vegas
It may not be a popular thought, but dating really is a numbers game. The more people you meet, the greater the chances of getting a date. That’s why speed dating in Las Vegas is such a great idea.
If you're busy and don’t mind a little awkwardness, speed dating is a very efficient way to meet at least 15 other singles in the space of an hour or so. Best of all, you won’t pay more than what you would on a single date.
Most speed dating events follow the same format. First, you show up and go on a bunch of "mini-dates" over the course of 5 minutes or so. Once the time is up, the men get up and move to the next table where a woman is seated. The idea is that first impressions tend to be a good indicator of whether you have any chemistry, making a note of whether they made an impression. As the event progresses, you make a list of the people you want to see again. If both people match and indicate that they want to see each other again, the organizer gives you the other match’s contact info (usually by the next day or sooner).
Pretty simple process, right? If this sounds like it’s worth your time, the following are the best Las Vegas speed dating groups worth checking out:
Now that we’ve covered the essentials, let's jump into how to have a great date in Las Vegas!
Our Best Date Ideas in Las Vegas - and Why They’re Great
Once you've met someone, it’s time to plan a great date to see whether the both of you are a good fit. Many people default to the “classic dinner and a movie” and that's a big mistake for modern dating! A dinner date between two people who just met often turns into a pseudo-interview. And a movie doesn’t require any conversation, making it pretty bad if you’re with someone you’re not actually liking that much.
Instead, we have a few ground rules that all of our date ideas in Las Vegas generally follow that you can also use to come up with some new ideas for yourself - or at least avoid going on boring dates. A great date idea tends to be one that:
- Has a fun, upbeat, no-pressure energy
- There are plenty of things happening around you that make for good conversational fodder
- Minimal face-to-face for long periods of time
- Both of you are moving around
- Isn't too hard on your wallet
- Doesn't last for hours and hours (you can cut it short if there isn't any chemistry)
- Allows both of you to feel comfortable
- Has a little friendly competition
To make your date go smoother, it helps to know what your date prefers to do before the date. For example, if your date is a foodie, you can enjoy a brisk walk around Las Vegas’s many farmer's markets to sample fresh produce and homemade goods. Or, if you know that your date enjoys physical activity, going to an ice skating rink is a guaranteed fun time.
To get you started, here are a few dating ideas in Las Vegas for you to try:
- Hit up the casinos
- Ice skating
- Take a dance class together
- Learn to shoot at an archery range
- Go to the driving range
- Hit up the zoo or wildlife refuge
- Check out a street fair (Las Vegas has tons)
- Going to a farmer’s market
- Axe throwing
- Escape rooms
- Take a walk with your dog somewhere fun (if you have one)
- Painting class (preferably with some adult beverages)
- Botanical garden
These are just a few suggestions, but they should give you an idea of where to start in Las Vegas. All of these activities are somewhat active, fun, and don't require any significant skill to enjoy, so there’s no pressure. And remember: Set your expectations beforehand that you're just going to have fun and fool around.
The first date idea that we always recommend
The ideas above can be great first dates but we have a better idea. When people ask our team what the best first date in Las Vegas is we always tell them the same thing, meet up at a laid-back lounge or coffee shop and get to know each other a bit.
A full-blown date is a lot of pressure and isn't cheap. It takes time to plan and might involve you taking a bus around town to get there. Before you make that kind of investment you want to know that you and your interest have at least some level of compatibility. The last thing you want is to get stuck for hours on a date that you knew 10 minutes in wasn't going anywhere.
Instead, tell them that you're really busy but would love to meet up for a drink to get to know each other a bit. If things go well you can always extend the date to one of the activities above. If it doesn't, you haven't lost much. This also takes a lot of pressure off both of you so you can both relax and be yourselves.
Best Date Bars in Las Vegas (Especially for Fun First Dates)
Going out to bars in Las Vegas is a great way for people to relax, wind down from a busy workday, and drop their inhibitions. With a generally “neutral” atmosphere, bars are great places to meet and hang out with other singles.
Finding an awesome date bar in and around the Vegas metro area is pretty easy when you actually sit down and consider just how many options you have to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a comfy dive bar that’s been a hotspot for decades, or a refined atmosphere with an emphasis on elegance, Las Vegas has no shortage of great settings for your next date.
To help you find these bars, I’ll give you a list of bars that have great drink specials, feature a vibrant singles crowd, and won’t cost you too much. After all, spending $30 on cocktails with a stranger can get expensive!
Here are a handful of the best date bars around Las Vegas:
- The Nerd in the Arts District - 450 E Fremont St #250, Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Jake’s Bar in Downtown South - 2301 S Eastern Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Lotus Lounge in Downtown South - 1250 Burnham Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89104
- The Sahara Lounge in Downtown South - 1000 E Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Velveteen Rabbit in the Arts District - 1218 S Main St, Las Vegas, NV 89104
- The Huntridge Tavern in Downtown Las Vegas - 1116 E Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Downtown Cocktail Room in Downtown Las Vegas - 111 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Remember that each neighborhood in Las Vegas has its share of hidden gems that only the locals hang out at (a priority in this tourism-heavy city). Don’t be afraid to go bar hopping if the vibe isn’t right (call an Uber!) or be ready to bounce just to keep the excitement of the date going.
Best Date Night Restaurants in Las Vegas that Should Be Your First Choice
When it comes to the first few dates, we tend to recommend avoiding a traditional dinner date until you’re more familiar with your date. In practice, dinner dates are not an ideal setting to establish a real connection with a relative stranger - being locked in a face-to-face conversation over the clatter of dishes, deciding who should pay for what, and keeping up a conversation in-between mouthfuls of food means plenty of opportunities for something to go wrong! Even the best conversationalists know better!
Nevertheless, if you’re up to the challenge and feel a bit more comfortable with your date, we've got some solid choices that won't break the bank. After all, there are plenty of expensive restaurants throughout Las Vegas that are around each corner!
Let’s look at date night restaurants in Las Vegas that offer delicious food and an inviting atmosphere that’ll serve as the perfect setting for a new romance:
- 5 Dollar Cafe - 2200 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Esther’s Kitchen in the Arts District - 1130 S Casino Center Blvd #110, Las Vegas, NV 89104
- Andiamo Steakhouse in Downtown Las Vegas - 301 E Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Beer Park on the Vegas Strip - 3655 Las Vegas Blvd. S. Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Buddy V’s Ristorante - 3327 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- La Cave Wine & Food Hideaway - 3131 Las Vegas Blvd. S. Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Rice & Company - 3900 Las Vegas Blvd. S. Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Ferraro's Ristorante in the University District - 4480 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89169
More Date Spots in Las Vegas We Love
The quality of your date comes down to more than just what you choose to eat and drink. With all that Las Vegas has to offer, there’s no shortage of activities to build up a romantic rapport and create lasting memories with your date. Plenty of people in Las Vegas have great dates at these locations and we're confident you can do the same.
- Go ice skating at The Ice Rink
- Watch the Raiders play at Allegiant Stadium
- The Museum of Selfies and Neon Museum offer one-of-a-kind exhibits
- Check out some fascinating wildlife at Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat
- Try a group dance lesson together at Rhythms Dance Studio & Event Center
- Shoot some targets together at Impact Archery Inc
- Stroll through vendors booths at the numerous art fairs throughout Las Vegas
- Shop for fresh groceries and taste homemade food at the Las Vegas Farmers Market
- Solve a puzzle at Escapology Escape Rooms in Las Vegas
- Catch live entertainment all along the Vegas Strip
Bear in mind that the time of year will make a difference with some of these recommendations (being outside in the summer dry heat or the frigid cold doesn't always make for a great date), so you've been warned!