Looking for the best Hinge prompts for guys? BeyondAges has the cheat sheet you’ve been looking for!
Each of these prompts is designed to be open-ended, allowing the girl you’re talking to express herself freely. You’ll find that by encouraging her to share personal stories, preferences, and opinions, you’ll feel a deeper sense of connection than if you asked, “Do you like ice cream?” or “What is your astrological sign?”. Remember, genuine interest in the other person's responses and thoughtful follow-up questions will enhance the conversation further.
Best Hinge Prompts List
The following is our list of the best Hinge prompts for guys looking for, well, the best Hinge prompt answers!
- "What's your favorite travel destination and why?"
- "Tell me about your most memorable adventure."
- "What's the best book you've read recently?"
- "If you could have any superpower, which one would you choose?"
- "What's your go-to comfort food?"
- "Describe your perfect Sunday."
- "If you could time travel, where and when would you go?"
- "What's your favorite hobby or pastime?"
- "What's the most daring thing you've ever done?"
- "What's the last movie that made you laugh out loud?"
- "Do you have a favorite quote or mantra that inspires you?"
- "What's your dream job and why?"
- "What's the most interesting place you've ever been to?"
- "What's your guilty pleasure when it comes to TV shows or movies?"
- "If you could have dinner with any historical figure, who would it be?"
- "What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?"
- "Describe your perfect day from start to finish."
- "What's your favorite type of music, and do you play any instruments?"
- "If you could learn a new skill, what would it be?"
- "What's your favorite way to stay active or exercise?"
- "Do you have any hidden talents?"
- "What's the most spontaneous thing you've ever done?"
- "What's your favorite type of cuisine and dish?"
- "If you could only keep three possessions, what would they be?"
- "Describe your dream vacation."
- "What's the most significant life lesson you've learned so far?"
- "What's your favorite thing about yourself?"
- "If you could master one skill instantly, what would it be?"
- "What's your favorite season, and why do you love it?"
- "Do you have any pet peeves or things that annoy you?"
Apps Dating Experts Recommend to Men, Techy or Otherwise
Whether it's your first real relationship or you have a string in your past there are a few apps that dating experts recommend consistently. These are apps where you can meet great girls who want something long-term as well as those just looking to keep it casual:
|Site||Our Experience||Our Rating||Free Trial Link|
Best For Relationships
Best For Casual Fun
|Try AFF For Free|
Great If You're Handsome
Here's an explanation of why each of the 30 Hinge prompts works effectively for sparking engaging conversations:
1. "What's your favorite travel destination and why?"
Women love to travel. Period. This prompt invites the girl to share a place she feels strongly about, while the “why” enables her to give you insight into what makes her tick. Plus, she might potentially reveal some travel interests in common, which means even easier conversation.
2. "Tell me about your most memorable adventure."
This question prompts her storytelling abilities, which lets her engage in her memories and share her exciting experiences with you–one of the first steps to learning what she deems “memorable”.
3. "What's the best book you've read recently?"
This is one of the best Hinge prompts for guys looking for a sophisticated lady who values intelligence and knowledge. Asking about her most recent book implies that she a) has the time to read, b) reads quality literature, and c) is ready to share her takes on it. Plus, if you’re looking to filter low-value women, this question will most likely make her uneasy (don’t worry, you wouldn’t have wanted her anyway…)
4. "If you could have any superpower, which one would you choose?"
This playful prompt is a great icebreaker and lets the person share their imagination and fun side. The term “superpower” actually is a pretty good indicator of what she values. For example, a catch-all superwoman means that she values power; an invisibility superpower means that she has a voyeuristic streak; and so on.
5. "What's your go-to comfort food?"
Everyone eats! Because food is a universal topic, discussing comfort foods can create a sense of nostalgia and bonding over shared culinary preferences. Plus, you can get a sense of her diet–there’s a big gap between slurping down a gallon of ice cream versus eating a slice of pizza on her “cheat day”. This is also a good item to remember when you start dating, as you can put her at ease by serving her what she loves.
6. "Describe your perfect Sunday."
This question reveals her ideal way to unwind, offering insights into her lifestyle and interests when she’s not working. You’ll find that you can almost trigger her to relax–or pine for the relaxation–if you ask in the middle of the workweek, not to mention you can insert yourself in her ideal Sunday.
7. "If you could time travel, where and when would you go?"
Time travel is a fascinating concept, and discussing historical eras or future possibilities can lead to intriguing conversations. Pay attention to what she would do if she could go anywhere at any time. Would she go back and change a horrible event in her life? Would she go back to steer the course of history?
8. "What's your favorite hobby or pastime?"
This question lets the woman talk about their passions, and shared hobbies can be a great foundation for bonding. Plus, using “pastime” implies a few things, such as your usage of the term (interesting), whether she believes her hobbies/interests are just used to “pass the time”, or whether she believes that these activities are something that she used to do in the past.
9. "What's the most daring thing you've ever done?"
Just about everyone’s done something that’s pushed them out of their comfort zone. Sharing daring experiences can be exciting and create a sense of vulnerability, encouraging openness in the conversation. Plus, you can always lead the conversation to a tantalizing “truth or dare” contest–which creates an air of intoxicating suspense!
10. "What's the last movie that made you laugh out loud?"
Talking about humorous movies allows for shared laughter and potential movie recommendations. If you’ve never seen the movie, you can use that as a great date night. On the other hand, if you’ve seen the movie, you can drop one-liners and other elements from the movie to show her that you want to make her laugh.
11. "Do you have a favorite quote or mantra that inspires you?"
We certainly live in tough times, so the quote she tells you will show you how she copes with or thrives in reality. This can be a great method to screen out those who have a trauma-based mindset, or those who just see the world in a way that’s incompatible with you. Vice versa, if she quotes something that resonates with you, you can be sure that both of you are on the same wavelength.
12. "What's your dream job and why?"
Everyone needs to work in some capacity. However, not everyone is working in what they envisioned as their ideal occupation. By letting her tell you where she’d like to work and why that matters, you can gain insight into her aspirations–a key component for long-term relationships.
13. "What's the most interesting place you've ever been to?"
“Interesting” is a fairly subjective term. While you might think that this is a copy of the 1st and 2nd Hinge prompts on this list ("What's your favorite travel destination and why?" and "Tell me about your most memorable adventure?"), what makes something interesting can vary.
For example, a museum isn’t an adventure, nor is it a travel destination, but it certainly can be a mind-expanding place that fascinates her.
The answer can even be metaphysical, where she might allude to “inner peace”, “chaotic self-transformation”, or even a drug-induced state of mind.
14. "What's your guilty pleasure when it comes to TV shows or movies?"
Netflix has over 238.39 million paid subscribers, so chances are pretty good that she has her share of TV shows and movies that make her happy–but are a bit embarrassing to talk about. This means that you can REALLY find out what brings her enjoyment and give her a little playful ribbing. “What? You watch THAT? Oh my…”
15. "If you could have dinner with any historical figure, who would it be?"
The person she chooses means that you’ve got an insight into who she values as worthy of speaking with. This question can go either way, where she might want to have dinner to bask in the aura of a historical figure; or conversely, she may want to reason with someone she finds deplorable.
Either way, you’ll get a sense of how she views history and what she would change if it were up to her. Conclusion? Great conversational fodder for more discussions and lively debates!
16. "What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?"
Taking advice is hard to do–so the fact that she shares what was a transformative experience for her shows that she’s willing to listen to the opinions of others. Pay attention to what advice she took, as she may be talking about her mate selection strategy (“Choose carefully, then stop choosing.”), her career choices (“The only limits are your own.”), or her lifestyle (“Do everything before you get too old to enjoy it.”).
17. "Describe your perfect day from start to finish."
This prompt is especially good for learning how she would love a day to go. Virtually no one says that they ran to work, worked until exhaustion, and then fell asleep with chores left for the weekend. Instead, she’ll take you through an ideal day and you’ll learn what each phase of the day–morning, noon, evening, and night–means to her.
18. "What's your favorite type of music, and do you play any instruments?"
The choice of music someone listens to says a lot about their personal tastes. It’s very rare that you’ll find someone who listens to country and doesn’t value traditional values. Similarly, those who like hard rock and hip-hop tend to enjoy an upbeat, exciting lifestyle.
For those who play instruments, you can give her the opportunity to show off her aspirations, as well as her upbringing. For example, playing the violin and other string instruments might imply that she had a middle-class upbringing, whereas drums shows that she had the environment (and patient parents) to learn.
19. "If you could learn a new skill, what would it be?"
This is fairly self-explanatory, but a woman who has ambition likes to show off that she’s capable of learning. That being said, if she doesn’t give a decent response, you might want to “next” her, as you’ll be left with someone complacent.
20. "What's your favorite way to stay active or exercise?"
Want to learn if she regularly hits the gym or makes an effort to keep her body in shape? Then ask this prompt. If she doesn’t give you a good answer, you might want to recheck those profile pictures…
21. "Do you have any hidden talents?"
Looking to find out if she can do a backflip or tie a cherry stem with her tongue? If you ask this prompt, chances are you’ll be her audience when you meet up!
22. "What's the most spontaneous thing you've ever done?"
SCREENING QUESTION: Similar to truth or dare, you can see what she’s capable of (for better or worse). If it’s something spontaneous like getting a tattoo or moving to an unfamiliar city, don’t be surprised when she might be tempted to get that feeling again.
23. "What's your favorite type of cuisine and dish?"
Want to learn what she likes to eat or where to take her for your first date? This prompt will tell you.
24. "If you could only keep three possessions, what would they be?"
This is a “trapped on a desert island” type prompt, but you’ll learn what she prioritizes in life. Pay attention to what she values, as it can range from family heirlooms to daily necessities.
25. "Describe your dream vacation."
Similar to the travel questions above, this prompt shows her aspirations for travel, comfort, and luxury. For example, she may say that she wants to go sailing, which means that she’s up for adventure. Or, she might say that she wants to go to some beachfront resort like Cancun, meaning that her idea of vacation is about winding down.
26. "What's the most significant life lesson you've learned so far?"
When it comes to the best Hinge prompt, answers to this question will give you a VERY ACCURATE idea of her personal development. She might not be willing to reveal this to you yet–we are all works in progress–but you may learn how she’s overcome adversity in the past.
27. "What's your favorite thing about yourself?"
Pay attention to her answers, as she’ll reveal what she values. “Self” is fairly ambiguous, so she’ll either talk about her body or her mind–both of which are easy to follow up with compliments (“Oh, I noticed that about you, too!”).
28. "If you could master one skill instantly, what would it be?"
This goes back to the superpower question above but is more practical. Take note of what she’d like to learn–and follow up to see if she’s actually pursuing it (or what’s stopping her from doing so).
29. "What's your favorite season, and why do you love it?"
Each season has its corresponding personality type. Summer tends to be upbeat, winter is rugged, and fall and spring are transitional–her response matters, and why she tells you she loves it will give you great ways to further your conversation.
30. "Do you have any pet peeves or things that annoy you?"
Pay attention–her response means that you’re on notice from that point forward!
Some Useful Hinge Tips
Now that you’ve got some good Hinge prompts at your disposal, let’s dive a little deeper into what else you should be doing to find success on Hinge.
Complete Your Profile
A complete profile helps potential matches get to know you better and increases the likelihood of meaningful connections. Here’s some quick pointers:
- Take the time to fill out your profile thoroughly and thoughtfully.
- Use a variety of photos that showcase your personality and interests.
- Write unique and genuine responses to the prompts provided by Hinge.
Be Genuine and Positive
When engaging with others on Hinge, be yourself and stay positive. Avoid using generic or overly formal messages.
Instead, try to start conversations based on shared interests or something unique from the other person's profile. Being genuine and positive creates a more inviting and approachable impression.
Engage in Meaningful Conversations
Move beyond small talk and try to have meaningful conversations with your matches. Ask open-ended questions and actively listen to their responses. Show interest in getting to know them better, and don't hesitate to share more about yourself as well (very important). Meaningful conversations lay the foundation for building a strong connection with someone.
Remember, Hinge is all about fostering authentic connections, so these tips should help you make the most of the platform and increase your chances of finding meaningful matches. Good luck!