Dating can be a huge pain if you’re strapped for time. Imagine having to go to the bar, getting someone’s number and then finding out that you have next to nothing in common. Then you have to do it all over again as you hope for the best. Luckily, this isn’t your only option anymore. With the popularity of online dating, you can just log in, browse and chat with women before you go on a date. But the question is: what are the best dating apps and sites in Milwaukee?
No matter your type or where you live (from Granville to Goldman Park), we have a few worthwhile options you should try. We’ve tested out over 150 dating apps and sites, and we know which ones really work in Milwaukee. So here’s our ultimate list:
#1 - Raya (iOS) is one of the best dating apps in Milwaukee for influencers
In order to hop on Raya you’re gonna have to have over 5,000 followers. We’re not gonna lead you on and get you all excited about the app and then you find out you don’t fit into this category. If you do though, you’re in luck. Raya is an awesome app aimed at connecting Instagram influencers - and it’s not just for dating either. The app also offers a professional networking option that proves to be super handy. All-in-all, Raya is by far the best dating app in Milwaukee if you’re Instagram famous.
Why Raya is great:
- The user experience is very fluid
- It’s quickly amassing users despite the very niche-group it targets
- On top of dating, they offer a professional networking option
Why Raya isn’t that great:
- You MUST have a minimum of 5,000 IG followers to join (250,000+ is optimal)
- You cannot use the app unless you pay a monthly subscription
#2 - eHarmony (Android; iOS) can't be beaten for long-term relationships
eHarmony is extremely popular here and has an amazing track record of helping Milwaukee locals find long-term partners by using matching algorithms. This app does the best job of matching you up with compatible potential mates that we've seen.
You don't have to scroll for hours. The app does all of the tough work for you. Of course, you might not make a perfect connection outside of the algorithms. Usually, it works like magic. The toughest part is answering all of the questions. It's important because this is how they match you with other single people. You can build chemistry before you even meet.
If you're serious about finding long-term partners this is the site for you.
Why eHarmony is one of the best dating sites in Milwaukee
- The best success rate out there for long-term relationships
- 70% of users find their future spouse within a year
- Makes it pretty easy to form connections
What we don’t like about it
- It definately takes more time than most to get started
- Not super popular with those 18-22
#3 - Loosid (Android; iOS) is one of the best Milwaukee dating apps for sober people
Loosid’s tagline is “Sober Shouldn’t Be Somber” and the company embodies that in every way. Loosid was specifically created for those who have recovered (or are recovering) from addiction and those who’ve just decided to live a sober life. They offer super helpful features such as “Boozeless Guides,'' which is a directory of places (restaurants, cafes, etc.) that offer no pressure to drink. Additionally, they offer a guide for help centers if you should ever feel the desire to start up again. It’s a perfect place for those trying to stay on the path of sobriety AND find a date.
Why Loosid is one of the best Milwaukee dating apps:
- It’s specifically designed for sober people
- So far, over 1.4 MILLION dating connections have been made
- They’re all about community. You can reach out for help at any moment
What we don’t like:
- The login system can be buggy
- The chat feature can be laggy
#4 - AFF is the easiest way to find a fling
AFF should be your first choice when you're not looking for a relationship but still want some fun in the bedroom. We've tried a lot of different apps for this (most are awful) and only a couple have proven to work over and over. Tinder is great if you're under 25 but once you get beyond that AFF has shown the best results out of any dating site in Milwaukee we've tried, especially for guys.
One of the things we've really liked about this app is that they do a really good job of helping you find EXACTLY what you're looking for. Everyone on this site is looking for the same thing so you can save a LOT of time that you would waste on other sites. If you're 25+ and want to take someone home this is your app.
Why you should try AFF
- They have a massive number of users on their app (over 50 million)
- We’ve seen guys have the best success using it, especially those who aren’t super good looking and didn’t do well on Tinder
- It’s very straightforward and easy to use
What we don’t like about it
- Many users can only access via web app
- The app is a little dated and not as polished as some others
- Sometimes people are a little TOO upfront with what they want
#5 - Bumble (Android; iOS) buzzes you into the perfect match
I know, the headline is pretty cheesy. Don’t let that dissuade you from hopping on Bumble, though. Chances are, you’ve seen their ads somewhere on the internet - there’s a reason for that. Why? Because they blend the ease of use of apps like Tinder with one important feature: women message men first.
You may be wondering why this matters. Well, for starters, it keeps women on the app by helping them avoid unwanted messages from matches. It also tips the scale in your favor by letting you just wait around for a woman to message you. Bumble changes the dynamics of typical dating and that’s why it’s such a hit!
Why we love Bumble for Milwaukee folks:
- They offer Bumble Bizz (networking) and Bumble BFF (finding friends)
- Lots of women love the app
Why we don’t love Bumble for Milwaukee folks:
- Only women can message first
- Some features are stuck behind a paywall
#6 - Happn (Android; iOS) combines real-world and online dating
Happn is the app that helps you eliminate missed connections. Have you ever walked by someone truly STUNNING on the street and just wished you would’ve grabbed their number? Or maybe it happened in a bar - you glanced over and made eye contact with this amazing person, only to go about your night and never speak to them. With Happn, those people pop up right on your screen. As long as the other party has the app, when you two come into contact together, you’ll be notified.
Why Happn is one of the best dating apps in Milwaukee:
- You see people who you’ve come into contact with
- There are over 50 million users
- The app has over 1.5 million reviews with a rating of 4/5 stars
Why Happn isn’t the best:
- The payment system can be weird
- The GPS doesn’t always work the best
#7 - heybaby (iOS) is for single parent
heybaby - whatchu looking for? Someone who wants a family? Then you’ve come to the right place. Users on heybaby are either a parent or someone looking to have kids. So, it’s safe to say, everybody is pretty serious on here; you’re not going to have to deal with any of the BS involved with casual dating. As a single parent, it can be hard to find that special someone. Not everyone understands the delicate balance between having a social life and caring for kids. Thankfully, heybaby makes finding singles on the same boat easier than ever.
Why heybaby is worth trying:
- One of the best dating apps in Milwaukee for single parents
- It has a great design
- It’s quickly growing in popularity
Why heybaby isn’t the best:
- It isn’t on Android
- Some people frequently see the same choices for a match
#8 - Hinge (Android; iOS) is not super-serious, not casual - right in between
Most dating apps have a set demographic: some are for serious dating and some are for flings. If you’re somewhere in between, Hinge is for you. The app is for singles who aren’t quite sure about what they want and they’re open to pretty much anything. And we bet you know that a lot of singles are like that.
The great thing about Hinge is that it’s like social media where you can like parts of someone’s profile. Once you do, you already have something to talk about. It beats the typical “Hi!” as an icebreaker, right?
Why Hinge is a great app:
- It’s for the semi-serious dater.
- The user profiles are super interesting
- They’re rated 4.5/5 on the Apple store – and that’s out of 400 000 reviews
Why Hinge isn’t a great app in Milwaukee:
- They definitely have some features behind a paywall
- The algorithm doesn’t always work great
#9 - Jdate (Android; iOS) is one of the best dating sites in Milwaukee
JDate is well, pretty straightforward. It was created with the intent of finding Jewish people dates. It isn’t aimed towards just casual stuff but instead the development of a deep, purposeful connection. With over a million users, you’re not gonna have a tough time finding that special someone.
Why Jdate works:
- It’s specifically for Jewish people
- There are over a million users
- They’ve been around for 20 years and it works
Why Jdate isn’t a great dating site in Milwaukee:
- Their apps don’t work great
- We’ve seen the occasional bot on their site