We found Cardiff a fantastic city to explore if you're looking for love. It has a great nightlife scene and plenty of things to do during the day. With Cardiff being such a popular tourist destination, your dating prospects are high!
The Cardiff dating scene is vibrant and full of potential, but you may face a significant obstacle. The current pandemic has pushed many people indoors and towards online dating.
Luckily, there's an opportunity in each crisis.
Even if you saw all of Cardiff's castles and mingled with the tourists, you would not have as many dating possibilities as you would with a decent dating app. Furthermore, there is less trial-and-error regarding the individuals you meet.
The 5 Best Dating Sites in Cardiff Right Now
Before choosing the right dating site or app, you first have to know your goals in dating. Do you want a long-term relationship or something more casual? Most sites and apps focus on one audience or both.
When it comes down to it, the best app is usually the one that gets you results. After putting these apps to the test, we found that these five consistently outperformed all others.
#1 - eHarmony (Android, iOS) is the best dating app in Cardiff for committed relationships
Ladies and gentlemen, eHarmony is the clear winner when dating with intention. By having a more complicated signup process and weeding out those only looking for flings, you're left with matches that could turn into something more serious.
When it comes to matches, eHarmony delivers in Cardiff. If you haven't joined yet, be advised that the registration procedure is challenging. It will be well worth your time, we assure you.
Why eHarmony is great
- With its excellent matching algorithm, you’ll save time and money
- Its mission is to help ordinary Joes and Janes find “the one”
- It boasts an impressive success rate in helping users find their future spouses
What we don't like about eHarmony
- With so many high-quality matches, it’s easy to feel spoilt for choice
- If you’re a guy who’s good with women on other dating apps, you may find it more difficult to wow them on eHarmony
#2 - Hinge (Android, iOS) is a solid performer in the same space
Hinge, the "dating app that's meant to be deleted" once you find 'the one,' is a close second to eHarmony. Hinge has always been in the space for committed daters and got us some suitable matches in Cardiff.
While Hinge's signup process is shorter than eHarmony's, you may come across more duds. However, the overall quality of the matches we got was still good enough for Hinge to earn second place on our list.
Why Hinge is great
- It’s simple to start a Hinge profile and get going
- It’s the perfect app to use for dating in your social circle
- The app is most popular with users in their twenties
What we don't like about Hinge
- If your Facebook pals are ugly, you may not have such a wonderful time on Hinge
- There are relatively few users over 30 on the app, which may be a problem if that’s what you’re searching for
#3 - AFF is your #1 choice to find casual relationships in Cardiff
What if you're not looking for a long-term relationship but want to meet Cardiff locals for casual dates and one-night stands? AFF should be at the top of your list.
If you haven't noticed, AFF has supplanted Tinder as the standard app for short-term connections and casual dating. This is also true in Cardiff, where AFF outperformed all of its rivals. What we love the most about AFF is that everyone is here for short-term fun without needing to put on the facade of being romantic. This makes for easier engagements with no strings attached.
Why AFF is great
- AFF is the best on the market for those who are only seeking casual flings or short-term relationships
- With 50 million users, AFF provides more opportunities than any other app
- It has dependable algorithms and a user-friendly interface
What we don't like about AFF
- With all the matches you’ll get, you might spend more time weeding through your options
- The overall design could use an update
#4 - Happn (Android, iOS) is excellent when you're in The Diff to see the sights
Happn is a great dating app for those who want to explore Cardiff and meet new people. Since Happn shows you singles in your vicinity, it's perfect for those who want to explore new areas and meet new people.
If you're looking for a dating app to help you meet new people while touring Cardiff, Happn is the perfect option. We met good matches who happened to be checking out the same tourist spots we were in.
Why Happn is great
- It’s location-based, which means you’re more likely to meet someone whose interests match your own
- It had a considerable user base in Cardiff
- It has a very reliable matching algorithm
What we don't like about Happn
- In some areas, you don’t find any suitable matches
- The matches you get can be a mixed bag sometimes
#5 - Coffee Meets Bagel (Android, iOS) is a good app if you're in The Diff for work
If you find that work always comes first and there's barely any time for dating, then Coffee Meets Bagel is the right app. With this app, you won't get caught up in an endless cycle of search and swipe like other similar apps.
Instead, you'll receive a list of matches every day at noon, allowing you to peruse them whenever convenient. This app is for you if you've always wanted to make your dating life a scheduled, organized part of your daily routine.
Why Coffee Meets Bagel is great
- Most of your matches will be like you—occupied, driven, and focused on their careers
- Your matches tend to be stable and goal-oriented
- Making dating a more structured part of your life is easier with the shortlist of daily matches
What we don't like about Coffee Meets Bagel
- It may take slightly longer to find matches you’re more compatible with
- Not as detailed or varied as the larger apps and websites
The Best Hookup Sites in Cardiff
If you're only looking for a casual encounter in Cardiff, we recommend checking out these dating apps:
AFF is always a great place to start
AFF is one of the most reliable Cardiff hookup sites, and it looks like it'll stay that way for some time. With its growing reputation, more users are attracted to AFF, so you're bound to find a few good dates here.
AFF's best part is its free trial, where people can sign up, test it out, and see how many dates they score during the trial period. If users have success while it's free, imagine the fun they'll have with the premium features.
Not surprisingly, Tinder is also a good hookup app
Meanwhile, Tinder is still going strong. While it has since evolved into a more general dating platform (more and more couples are getting engaged after meeting on Tinder), it was still the most popular hookup app. And based on our findings, we can conclude that it's one of the finest casual dating sites in The Diff.
The Best Dating Sites in Cardiff
On the other side, if you want a more serious relationship, we recommend you try two alternatives. In our opinion, the best dating sites/apps in Cardiff are eHarmony and Bumble.
If you're looking for a long-term relationship, eHarmony is ideal
eHarmony is the most successful app for finding love online, and this is because of its track record. If you use eHarmony for just one year, you have a 70% chance of getting into a committed relationship - which is a fantastic deal.
In addition, there is a free trial period on eHarmony, which we recommend taking advantage of (at least to get the lengthy signup procedure out of the way). Test the waters and see why we think eHarmony is one of Cardiff's finest dating sites/apps.
The app that most women use is Bumble
Bumble, on the other hand, is a refreshing change. Many of you may be weary of the same old applications with just a few women and many thirsty guys searching for a girlfriend. This isn't the case with Bumble. Women enjoy Bumble because it allows them to choose who they want to message and when they want to contact them back. Remember that this app isn't for you if you're not a patient guy.
The Best Free Dating Sites in Cardiff
Finding true love or just a casual encounter without premium online dating services is possible, but be aware that it may take more time and effort.
While premium services protect you from con artists and time-wasters, they also allow you to access features that help you find compatible people, dates, and relationships faster. If that's a price you're willing to pay, I recommend sticking with the top free dating sites in Cardiff:
Always remember that, no matter what you want from the Cardiff dating scene, having an app or two to assist you is a good idea. And it's not simply any app; keep trying them until you find ones that provide the outcomes you're looking for. When you do, your Cardiff experiences will be among the best you've ever had.