This guide covers the best dating apps for people in Leeds, UK. We'll show you which apps will help you find the type of relationships and people you're looking for.
Unfortunately, as with much of the world, the current epidemic shut down the local dating scene. As a result, most people in Leeds turned to online dating sites to meet individuals for romance and fun. Even now that the world is reopening, most individuals still turn to their preferred dating apps to meet new people.
This is a list of the best dating apps in Leeds to assist you, based on our experiments. In this article, you'll discover applications that will help you find people, dates, and relationships faster and with less stress.
Table of Contents
The 5 Best Dating Sites in Leeds Right Now
We've thoroughly tested over one hundred dating apps to find the best ones for our readers. The primary metric we used was the results we got with them. Did we get good dates and have a positive experience? These are the five that performed the best for us in Leeds:
#1 - eHarmony (Android, iOS) is one of the best dating apps in Leeds for finding love
eHarmony is a dating app that prides itself on helping its users find long-term relationships. With it, we had decent success in Leeds, with many of our matches leading to fun interactions.
If you're looking for a place to settle down and enjoy some of the best shopping in the UK, then Leeds may be a perfect choice. And eHarmony can also help you find love while you're at it.
Why eHarmony is great
- There are plenty of users in Leeds looking for love, whether you’re young or old, there’s someone out there for you
- You’re unlikely to find any unsuitable matches or time-wasters
- Gives everyone, even Average Joes and Plain Janes, a fighting chance to meet “the one”
What we don't like about eHarmony
- It has undoubtedly the most challenging signup procedure we’ve ever encountered (but it’s well worth it)
- An upgrade to the general design may be in order
#2 - Coffee Meets Bagel (Android, iOS) is perfect if you want more structure to your Leeds dating life
Leeds has one of the most diverse economies in the UK, and it gets more than its fair share of people looking to build their careers here. If you're in Leeds for the same reason, you will find Coffee Meets Bagel helpful.
You only receive a shortlist of matches per day with Coffee Meets Bagel. You have complete control over how much time you spend on the app, and it won't intrude upon your routine—or career—as other programs might.
Why Coffee Meets Bagel is great
- In bigger, more vibrant towns and cities like Leeds, it’s rather popular
- Having a short daily list of matches lest you do more with your day
- The matches you get tend to have their lives together
What we don't like about Coffee Meets Bagel
- Although CMB’s daily lists are helpful, finding a match you’re pleased with may take a few days
- It’s not as popular the further away from Leeds you get
#3 - AFF is one of the best dating sites in Leeds for casual, short-term flings
AFF is the best dating site for you if your idea of a great love life consists of flings, one-night stands, and trustworthy friends with benefits. There's simply no better app than AFF to link you with people who want the same things as you.
AFF is wholly focused on matching its users for short-term sexual pleasure, and it outperformed even Tinder in our tests in Leeds. So, if you're feeling a little randy in the Capital of the North, let AFF help you find some fun.
Why AFF is great
- When you have a lot of fellow users, you have many more possibilities
- You’ll have plenty of matches to pick from, no matter your age bracket
- It’s the best at what it does: finding individuals who want short-term, sexy fun just as you do
What we don't like about AFF
- The design could be more updated
- With so many matches to choose from, you’ll spend more time sifting and double-checking than going out on dates
#4 - Bumble (Android, iOS) adds an exciting twist to meeting new people
Leeds is a modern city, which might be why Bumble is quite popular there. With Bumble, only ladies can send the first message. Because of this setup, men usually focus on making more attractive profiles. If that sounds good to you, give Bumble a chance.
Keep in mind that Bumble users generally prefer long-term relationships over short flings. So if that's what you're looking for in a date, then this is the app for you.
Why Bumble is great
- Progressive cities, such as Leeds, love apps like Bumble
- Men can focus on setting up a good profile instead of endlessly messaging random women
- Women who enjoy being in control will love this app
What we don't like about Bumble
- For men, your first message is crucial if you want to stand out from the other guys. Unfortunately, that option’s not available for you on Bumble.
- If you’re an unattractive guy, you probably won’t get messaged
#5 - Happn (Android, iOS) is great if you'd like to meet people who hang out where you do
Leeds is one of the most popular leisure tourist spots in the UK. The city has something to offer everyone, from its vibrant nightlife and live music scene to its world-famous shopping destinations like the Victoria Quarter. In addition, Leeds is home to many beautiful parks and gardens, like Roundhay Park and Temple Newsam House and Gardens. Whether you're a history buff, a foodie, or just looking for a good time, Leeds is the place to be.
If you want to meet new people in Leeds, try out Happn. This app is excellent for connecting with others in the same area as you. Since everyone on Happn is using it to meet new people, you'll have plenty of options. Plus, the app is straightforward to use, so you'll be able to get started right away.
Why Happn is great
- It’s great for connecting with others in the same area as you
- It has a really easy-to-use interface, so you’ll be able to get started right away
- It’s great for meeting people who hang out where you hang out
What we don't like about Happn
- Compared to other dating apps, Happn has a smaller user base
- It might not be the best option if you’re traveling or just passing through Leeds
The Best Hookup Sites in Leeds
What if you're sure you don't want a serious relationship right now and prefer some great no-strings-attached fun with other consenting adults? If this describes you, look no further than these two alternatives.
You will not be disappointed if you decide to try AFF first
The best app/site for meeting up with people casually is AFF. And, based on its vast database and one of the most straightforward GUIs we've seen, it looks like it'll keep that status quo for a while.
AFF works for match seekers of all ages, which few dating apps can say. If you're looking for a site without age restrictions, AFF is the way to go. Out of all the casual dating sites in Leeds, it's definitely one of the best.
Tinder is still a great app for anyone looking for a casual date or hookup
Tinder is still a fantastic place to find those seeking casual fun in Leeds, even though it has become more of a general dating service. You will not be disappointed with the quality or quantity of matches you find looking for the same thing as you. Although, be prepared that some people might want something more serious.
The Best Dating Sites in Leeds for Relationships
What if you're looking for something long-term and serious? Which dating sites/apps should you try first in Leeds? Here's what we suggest:
Undoubtedly, the best dating site/app in Leeds is eHarmony
The app has approximately 33 million members worldwide and is solely responsible for 600,000 marriages, which keeps increasing.
In addition, some research suggests that if you use the app for twelve months, there's a 70% chance you'll find your future husband or wife through it. Therefore, eHarmony is a wise investment if you're living in Leeds for an extended period and would like to take advantage of the opportunity.
We recommend trying Hinge as a good backup service
Hinge's connection to Facebook makes it easy to meet and date people in your extended social circle, making it our list of top dating sites/apps for the London of the North. The great thing about Hinge is that it's starting to get popular among singles who are looking for more than just a physical connection.
Hinge users generally look for more serious and long-term relationships. Hence, it gets the moniker "the app designed to be deleted."
The Best Free Dating Sites in Leeds
Is it possible to meet great Leeds locals and have wonderful dates without spending money? Yes, but you should think carefully about it. When it comes to paid applications, you generally get what you pay for.
Some of the features include more search filters, limitless matches, and "Likes," as well as modifications to your profile that make you stand out from the crowd. If you don't need those things, here are the best free dating sites in Leeds:
If an app isn't working, don't give up! Keep looking until you find one that meets your needs. Good luck!