If you're looking to date in Manchester, you'll need help. While "Cottonopolis" has a dating scene, it's mostly a big city where people recognize each other on the street. And that makes meeting Mancunians for dating difficult.
Many people turned to dating apps during the pandemic to socialize and meet new people. We believe this won't change anytime soon. Now's the best time to get serious about online dating, and our results in Manchester only cemented our belief.
Find the people you want to date using our list of the best dating apps in Manchester. With these apps designed to help you find relationships, you'll save time and energy.
The 5 Best Dating Sites in Manchester Right Now
When picking a dating app to use, it all comes down to what you want from the Manchester dating scene. Are you looking for hookups or a more serious relationship? We put all the popular ones to the test, and here's how they did:
#1 - eHarmony (Android, iOS) is the top dating app in Manchester for long-term dating
With eHarmony, you have a much higher chance of meeting your future spouse than with any other dating app. In fact, if you use eHarmony for just one year, you have a 70% success rate.
eHarmony puts all its users through a rigorous screening process, which you'll also go through when signing up. You'll answer a series of questions that weeds out attention-seekers and troublemakers. If you have the patience to go through it, you'll soon meet matches as serious and determined as you are.
Why eHarmony is great
- Filtering system—most, if not all, of the individuals you encounter will be as serious as you.
- You’ll probably discover someone special among the over 33 million members of eHarmony.
- In Manchester, many people are looking for love.
What we don’t like about eHarmony
- The overall design could use some improvement.
- The most challenging signup procedure (but it’s still worth it)
#2 - Match (Android, iOS) is also a popular choice in Manchester
We consistently got outstanding outcomes on Match.com, whether we were looking for casual partners or committed relationships. That means that if you're not sure what you're searching for in the Manchester dating scene, give Match a try and see where it leads you.
While Match.com has been around for a while, it still works for plenty of singles across different age ranges and preferences. It may not be as good as eHarmony in terms of selecting ideal matches, but it's still pretty effective!
Why Match.com is great
- You have a good chance of finding what you want, whether it’s something serious or casual.
- This is a great app to start with if you’re new to Manchester and looking to meet people.
- The signup process is quick and easy.
What we don’t like about Match
- You’ll need more time searching through your matches due to the large user base.
- The design of the app could be significantly improved.
#3 – AFF is your #1 choice to find casual relationships in Manchester
AFF should be at the top of your list if you want a great love life that includes flings, one-night stands, and trustworthy buddies with benefits. There's no better app than AFF to connect you with others who desire the same things as you.
In Manchester, we outplayed even Tinder in our tests with AFF, which is 100 percent dedicated to matching its users for short-term sexual pleasure. So, if you're feeling randy in "Madchester," let AFF assist you in locating some flirty friends.
Why AFF is great
- You’ll get tons of matches regardless of your age range
- More members mean more opportunities for you
- The best app on the market for short-term relationships
What we don’t like about AFF
- You’ll have an embarrassment of riches: you’ll spend more time sorting and checking the matches you receive.
- The search feature can be a mixed bag.
#4 - Bumble (Android, iOS) is worth a try whether you're a man or a woman
Bumble is a dating app that reverses the traditional dynamic and only allows women to make the first contact. It was an exciting discovery considering Manchester's gender imbalance, which has more males than females.
Bumble is perfect if you'd rather not spend too much time or effort on screening and chatting with your matches. With Bumble, you can just sit back and wait for the women to message you.
Why Bumble is great
- If you’re an attractive guy, you can sit back and wait for the messages to flood after completing your profile.
- Bumble’s system typically ensures better matches and interactions.
- Women don’t need to worry about receiving messages from dozens of men.
What we don’t like about Bumble
- A greater emphasis on looks than on personality for men
- If you’re a guy who doesn’t have the patience to put up a good profile, you won’t get messaged
#5 - Hinge (Android, iOS) is a solid choice
If you're looking for a serious relationship in Manchester, you should try Hinge. Unlike lesser dating apps, Hinge is focused on quality over quantity, meaning you'll only be matched with singles that are compatible with you. And in a city where most people know each other, this matters.
Hinge also has a very user-friendly interface. It's easy to use, and you won't have to spend hours sorting through profiles of singles that you're not interested in. Plus, the signup process is fast and easy.
Hinge is a "dating app that's meant to be deleted," according to its tagline, suggesting it's similar to eHarmony. So if you're looking for something more serious than just a casual fling, Hinge is the perfect dating app for you.
Why Hinge is great
- Many young users find Hinge really fun to use.
- Since it’s tied to your Facebook, you’ll have matches with fewer degrees of separation between you and them.
- The search function is quite good.
What we don’t like about Hinge
- Hinge has a smaller pool of users than apps like Tinder.
- You can only message other users if both parties have “liked” each other, which limits communication.
The Best Hookup Sites in Manchester
What are the finest Manchester hookup sites on the market? Here are two that have consistently performed for us.
AFF is the obvious choice
AFF has positioned itself as the go-to hookup app, and it looks like that won't be changing soon. With around 50 million active users worldwide, you're bound to find many potential matches in Manchester. Of course, use caution as you would with any other dating app—you'll encounter some duds and time-wasters from time to time.
The greatest thing about AFF is that it offers a free trial to test the waters without paying anything. Take a look and see whether you like what you find; if you do, go for the premium membership to help you disc over people, dates, and relationships that appeal to you.
Good old Tinder is in second place
While it began as an app for casual connections, Tinder has evolved into a more general dating service, with individuals discovering their soulmates on the site. It's still one of Manchester's finest casual dating sites, regardless.
The Best Dating Sites in Manchester for Serious Relationships
On the other hand, we suggest two options if you are looking for a partner with more commitment. In our opinion, the best Manchester dating sites/apps are eHarmony and Coffee Meets Bagel.
If you’re looking to settle down, eHarmony is your dating site.
It's hard to beat eHarmony at what it does. People meet their future spouses on the platform daily, and the service isn't slowing down. What we love the most about eHarmony is that it has a huge pool of users and all of them are sure about what they want. That makes matchmaking such a breeze.
If you're looking to meet other young, ambitious singles who enjoy the nightlife in Manchester, then eHarmony is perfect for you.
What is the best backup service to use? Coffee Meets Bagel is also a good choice.
If your stay in Manchester is work-related, then Coffee Meets Bagel is a good alternative for you. It's popular among young professionals because it allows you to go through a shortlist of matches every day—and no more. You'll spend less time looking and more time dating with this app.
The Best Free Dating Sites in Manchester
Is it possible to find genuine love in Manchester—or even just a short-term romp—without forking over extra money for premium services? The answer is "yes," albeit at the cost of time, effort, and stress.
The purpose of a premium dating service is to keep you safe from scammers and time-wasters and help you quickly discover matches, dates, and relationships. If that's an acceptable tradeoff for you, then I recommend the following free Manchester dating sites:
Lastly, if an app doesn't work for you, don't worry. Simply alternate between different apps until you discover one that works for you. When that happens, the effort will have been worth it. Best of luck!