We’ll be completely upfront with you: dating in Colorado Springs is equal parts fun and frustrating, especially if you’re new to the city. Whether you’re out looking for a date in Colorado Springs or around the suburbs, many singles often ask themselves “How can I find a good partner in Colorado Springs?”
Counterintuitively, the reality of singles in Colorado Springs is that they’re actually spoiled for choice when it comes to finding available partners. The only problem is that finding singles around this vibrant city is a challenge thanks to the long-lasting effects of the pandemic and the new habits of single people that are looking to adjust to whatever the “new normal” is.
Is there a solution to this dilemma? Of course, there is - and Beyond Ages is at your service to lead you towards dating success. With a little planning, a reasonable amount of effort on your part, and realistic expectations, finding a date in Colorado Springs is actually much easier than in similarly-sized cities. The catch is that you’ll have to be open-minded enough to explore the ENTIRE Colorado Springs dating scene and make things happen (not simply trying what you’ve done in the past). You will be surprised at what changing your entire approach and outlook can mean for creating an enjoyable dating experience!
Continue reading this article to learn the most proven suggestions on where to meet Colorado Springs singles, great Colorado Springs date ideas to build rapport, Colorado Springs dating apps to boost your odds, and some of our favorite date spots around Colorado Springs.
Table of Contents
What Dating in Colorado Springs Is Like Right Now
Let's start by laying out some realistic expectations about what the Colorado Springs dating scene is currently like:
First, many singles choose Colorado Springs for its great climate, affordable standard of living, and livability index higher than other cities in Colorado. With many businesses and governmental entities here like the US Army, Oracle, the US Air Force, and more, which is why more and more singles are calling Colorado Springs home for its access to economic opportunities.
There is also quite a bit of variety in the type of singles you can find here, especially for Colorado, which makes finding exactly what you are looking for more attainable - that is, if you’re willing to put in the effort.
Here’s a breakdown of what Colorado Springs’ single demographics look like:
- Total population: 484,233
- Percentage: 31%
- Total singles: 150,112
- Single men: 75,056
- Single women: 75,056
With 31% of the total population looking for a partner, you’re bound to find a partner in Colorado Springs just by “playing the numbers”. That being said, we know what you’re probably thinking:
If there are so many available singles in Colorado Springs, why am I still single for so long?
The answer is that having a myriad of dating options to choose from does not necessarily mean that your experience in Colorado Springs is going to be easy-peasy. In fact, dating might be even harder with all the competition throughout the city and the restrictions that come from the pandemic (ie. vaccination status, physical contact between strangers, mask restrictions). Nevertheless, a realistic outlook should be encouraging to your overall outlook (there’s hope!). Now, let’s look at where you can actually find someone to date in Colorado Springs.
Where to Meet Someone to Date in Colorado Springs
At BeyondAges, we believe in being as honest as possible to our readers. To start, making a list of the best places to find someone to date in Colorado Springs is a near-impossible task. There’s simply too much going on in Colorado Springs and the surrounding area to choose from!
With this in mind, we’ll instead share some of the best places that make it much simpler to meet Colorado Springs singles that are looking for more than just a one-night stand (we have a comprehensive article on where to find Colorado Springs hookups if that’s your end-game). These are places that tend to have the following criteria in common when you’re on the lookout for candidates in Colorado Springs and the surrounding area:
- Lots of available singles
- Lively atmosphere where fun is encouraged
- Easy to rub elbows with new people
- A quiet environment to have a normal conversation
- Alcohol is always welcome and appreciated
- Isn’t too pricey
Now, before we get into some specific recommendations, let's briefly turn our attention to Colorado Springs dating apps:
Why you should be using at least one app
Are you using at least one dating app right now? If the answer is “no”, you are really missing out on who’s out there in Colorado Springs’s highly-competitive dating scene.
With the pandemic’s social-distancing guidelines still in effect for many people and those who have chosen to work from home (WFH), more Colorado Springs singles are relying on apps to access the largest pool of singles at their convenience. For better or worse, dating apps are part of today’s dating zeitgeist.
Does this mean that dating apps in Colorado Springs are the only way to go? Of course not, but it can be a struggle if you lead an on-the-go lifestyle, only have a limited amount of free time, and want to save on spending your hard-earned cash.
If you've struggled in the past with choosing which dating app works for you, check out our rankings of the best dating apps in Colorado Springs. Our list will help you find out which apps best fit the type of relationship and partner you’re looking for. If you don’t want to read the full article, these Colorado Springs dating apps are the best overall choices:
eHarmony is simply the best choice you can make for finding a long-term relationship in Colorado Springs - try eHarmony with a generous free trial today!
When it comes to finding a deep and lasting connection in the breathtaking city of Colorado Springs, my personal experience has shown me that eHarmony is unequivocally the finest choice. BeyondAges.com is all about helping individuals navigate the dating world, and after trying various platforms, I can confidently say that eHarmony shines as the ultimate option for those seeking long-term, meaningful relationships in this remarkable city.
What truly sets eHarmony apart is its remarkable ability to bring together compatible individuals. It's not just about swiping through profiles; instead, you're introduced to carefully vetted matches who share your values, interests, and life goals. This approach streamlines the dating process and ensures that you're connecting with people who, like you, have a genuine desire for a committed, long-term relationship. The thorough profiles and free trial period make it easy to dive in and discover why eHarmony is my top recommendation for local dating in Colorado Springs. Give it a try, and you'll quickly realize why it's the number one choice for those looking for love in this beautiful city.
AFF is the best dating app in Colorado Springs for finding casual fun and they also offers a great free trial!
In the vibrant city of Colorado Springs, when it's time to inject some excitement and casual fun into your dating life, there's no better choice than AFF (Adult Friend Finder), and my own experiences can certainly attest to this. BeyondAges.com is all about helping individuals navigate the world of dating, and from my personal journey, AFF stands out as the unrivaled option for those seeking casual and adventurous encounters in this picturesque city.
What makes AFF truly stand out is its vibrant and active user community. It provides a user-friendly platform and a wide range of features, making it easy to connect with locals who share your interests and desires. Whether you're a seasoned player in the casual dating game or just getting started, AFF offers the perfect blend of excitement and discretion, allowing you to explore your fantasies in a secure environment. If you're looking for casual fun and memorable experiences in Colorado Springs, look no further – give AFF a try, and you'll quickly understand why it's my top recommendation for those in search of a little adventure in this stunning locale.
At Beyond Ages, we’ve tried out dozens of popular dating apps in Colorado Springs and determined what actually works out there (not what USED TO work). Be sure to check out our most current rankings above for more info. Now, let's talk about our favorite singles bars and more around Colorado Springs.
The best singles bars in Colorado Springs
With the criteria, we listed in the previous section, BeyondAges narrowed down a comprehensive list of the best singles bars in Colorado Springs that are worth your time. These drinking establishments offer the best chances for single people in Colorado Springs to meet up, have a refreshing drink (or three), and enjoy a comfortable environment that’s compatible with meeting someone new:
- Tony’s in Downtown Colorado Springs -326 N Tejon St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- Jack Quinn's Irish Pub and Restaurant in Downtown Colorado Springs - 21 S Tejon St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- Cowboys in Downtown Colorado Springs - 25 N Tejon St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- Ax and the Oak Whiskey House in Ivywild - 1604 S Cascade Ave Ste #80, Colorado Springs, CO 80905
- Colorado Springs Bikini Bar in Knob Hill - 2510 E Bijou St, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
- BATCH Slapped Brewery/Cidery in Cimarron Hills - 5859 Palmer Park Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80915
- VisitThe Rabbit Hole if you want to meet a Colorado Springs cougar -101 N Tejon St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
From choosing the perfect time of day, weekdays vs weeknights, or whether a popular bartender is working, your mileage will vary when selecting the right bar atmosphere. Therefore, don’t be afraid to try a place several times to figure out the best times to go. (If you have any suggestions about the best singles bars in Colorado Springs, drop a comment below.)
A few other great places to find a date in Colorado Springs
Not a fan of alcohol or bar settings? If so, there are plenty of remaining options for finding a date in Colorado Springs that don’t rely on getting tipsy so much - even during Colorado Springs’ summer heat and frigid winter months.
Take a look at a few more options below that have gotten great results for Colorado Springs singles on the prowl. As with anything dating-related in the city, it pays dividends to search in as many places as possible. Don't take things too seriously, and instead simply focus on having a good time. With this mindset, you’re more likely to find someone that you might not have run into elsewhere in Colorado Springs!
- The Exchange On Tejon in Downtown Colorado Springs - 526 S Tejon St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- Solar Roast Coffee in Downtown Colorado Springs - 134 N Tejon St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- Café 225 in Downtown Colorado Springs - 225 N Weber St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- Kawa Coffee in East Colorado Springs - 2427 N Union Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
- Peak Place - Coffee Beer Wine in University Park - 2360 Montebello Square Dr Suite H1, Colorado Springs, CO 80918
- Whole Foods, Sprouts Farmers Market, or Trader Joe’s are great choices to find attractive people in Colorado Springs shopping for upscale groceries!
- Meetup groups - There are numerous groups throughout Colorado Springs that are full of eager singles looking to share their interests - with singles mixers, too!
- Again, apps and sites are a good option for just about anyone in Colorado Springs (check out the best dating sites in Colorado Springs here)
The Apps Dating Coaches Recommend Most For Dating in Colorado Springs
If your dating life needs a boost, but you can’t seem to meet any more women when you go out, dating apps are the solution. Plenty of women prefer dating apps because it helps them filter out creeps and get to know some really good guys like you. So use at least one of the options below to meet lots of single women!
Site Our Experience Our Rating Free Trial Link Experience Highlights Try eHarmony Experience Highlights Try AFF For Free Tinder Highlights Try Tinder
What about speed dating in Colorado Springs
Have you ever considered trying speed dating in Colorado Springs? Speed dating in Colorado Springs has gained popularity ever since the start of the pandemic. With virtual speed dating (via Zoom) now also an option as well, speed dating can help you meet a wealth of available singles in a relatively short amount of time without wasting money going from place to place in search of singles who might not even be there.
If you're short on free time and have a little spare cash on hand, speed dating in Colorado Springs is the most efficient way to meet a handful of single people in the space of an hour-plus. Events typically cost anywhere from $30 - $100+ to attend, with the pricier events yielding better clientele and more amenities. Time is guaranteed for each attendee, so you’ll at least know you gave each potential date a fair chance.
Most speed dating events in Colorado Springs follow the series of steps:
- First, pre-register online. You’ll receive a list of guidelines for the event, including a code of conduct and what you should expect
- On the day of the event, you show up at the venue and check in. Many bars rent out rooms for speed dating events so there’s a bit of privacy (or at least minimize distractions).
- Now that everyone’s arrived, the host makes an announcement about how the event will proceed. These mini-dates last approximately 5 minutes, where participants make conversation and determine if there’s any chemistry for compatibility.
- Once 5 minutes is over, a bell sounds indicating the men to move to the next table where a woman remains seated (sometimes women swap seats just so they don’t get tired).
- This 5-minute process repeats until every participant gets a chance to meet all of the attendees.
As the event progresses, both participants make a list of the people they want to see again. If both singles want to see each other again, the speed dating organizer gives you the other match’s contact info (usually by the next day). Pretty simple, right?
If this sounds like a fun, efficient way to meet available singles in Colorado Springs, the following are the best Colorado Springs speed dating groups in town:
Okay, now that we’ve covered most of the basics about finding a date in the city, let's shift our focus on how to have a great date in Colorado Springs!
Our Best Date Ideas in Colorado Springs - and Why They’re Great
After you've set up a time and some basic ideas for a date, it’s time to plan what you’re going to do together (or discover why you’re not compatible). Many people who feel they want a safe choice when dealing with a new person in their life often default to the supposedly tried-and-true “dinner and a movie”. This is absolutely a big mistake for dating successfully in Colorado Springs!
- A dinner date between two relative strangers often turns into a pseudo-interview - even for the best conversationalists. Also, eating a big meal and sitting down makes people lethargic, and don’t even get us started on what happens when it’s time to decide who has to pay when the check comes!
- Watching a movie is a passive activity and doesn’t involve any conversation until afterward (if the movie is actually anything worth talking about). You’ll have to sit still for 90 minutes or more, which can be an awkward period of time if both of you don’t feel comfortable with one another yet. And if the movie stinks or one person doesn’t enjoy it, it’ll feel like a waste of time.
Instead, we have some simple rules that all of our date ideas in Colorado Springs follow - or at least avoid the trapping of a boring date (avoid that outcome at all costs!). A great date idea in Colorado Springs tends to be one that:
- Doesn’t require traveling far distances across town or between venues
- Focuses on new, fun, and interesting experiences
- Things are happening around you that make great conversation topics
- Doesn't involve sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Requires some physical activity or movement
- Isn't too expensive or requires expensive equipment to participate
- Doesn't last for hours (you can bail if things aren’t working out)
- Enables you both to feel completely at ease and comfortable
- Involves a little friendly competition
Here’s a great tip for dating success in Colorado Springs: Try to get an idea of what your date likes beforehand or what you have experienced previously for the best results. For example, if you know your date loves some physical activity, going on a hike or a bike ride is probably a solid choice. A simple glance at their social media or something they mentioned in passing goes a long way for better date reconnaissance.
Also, it’s good to keep an open mind and do things that can potentially create a positive shared experience (plus you can joke about it later). To get started, here are some great dating ideas in Colorado Springs:
- Strap on your skates and go ice skating
- Have fun with a few competitive rounds of miniature golf
- Cut a rug at a beginner’s group dance class
- Work on your skills at an archery range
- Work on your golf swing at a driving range
- Hit up the wildlife refuge or zoo
- Check out a street fair during the warmer months
- Explore the many booths at a local farmer's market
- Try your hand at ax throwing
- Test your quick-thinking skills in an escape room
- Go rollerskating to show off your moves
- Bring your dog along for a walk
- Take a painting or drawing class
- Explore museums and botanical gardens
Use this list to plan a date in Colorado Springs or at least get an idea of what other singles in Colorado Springs are doing on their dates. Each of the listed activities only requires a minimal bit of effort and athleticism to enjoy (or at least try out), so there’s basically no pressure to be proficient at any of them. Instead, just focus on having the best time possible with your date!
The first date idea that we always recommend
The ideas above can be great first dates but we have a better idea. When people ask our team what the best first date in Colorado Springs is we always tell them the same thing, meet up at a laid-back lounge or coffee shop and get to know each other a bit.
A full-blown date is a lot of pressure and isn't cheap. It takes time to plan and might involve you taking a bus around town to get there. Before you make that kind of investment you want to know that you and your interest have at least some level of compatibility. The last thing you want is to get stuck for hours on a date that you knew 10 minutes in, wasn't going anywhere.
Instead, tell them that you're really busy but would love to meet up for a drink to get to know each other a bit. If things go well you can always extend the date to one of the activities above. If it doesn't, you haven't lost much. This also takes a lot of pressure off both of you so you can both relax and be yourselves.
Best Date Bars in Colorado Springs (Especially for Fun First Dates)
Colorado Springs has one of the best bar scenes in the US. With something for every person’s tastes, choosing a bar in Colorado Springs is an obvious choice for a fun and memorable date. Whether you want to spend some time in a hipster lounge or enjoy a live band in an open-air setting, Colorado Springs’s bar scene offers a lot of options when it comes to planning your next date.
With this in mind, finding a great date bar in Colorado Springs simply comes down to what type of night you’re looking to have. Take a look at the list below, as we’ll focus on Colorado Springs bars with the best drink specials, live events, and more:
- Rail Yard Gaming + Gastropub in Downtown Colorado Springs - 3030 N Nevada Ave A, Colorado Springs, CO 80907
- 40 Thieves Hookah Lounge in Downtown Colorado Springs - 710 S Tejon St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- Skybox Lounge in Knob Hill - 2102 E Bijou St, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
- Royal Castle Lounge in Knob Hill - 2355 Platte Pl, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
- Speakeasy Vape Lounge & Cannabis Club Dab Bar in Knob Hill - 2508 E Bijou St, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
- Farside Lounge - 4375 Airport Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80916
- The Lounge In the Village in East Colorado Springs - 3440 W Carefree Cir, Colorado Springs, CO 80917
Colorado Springs’ robust bar scene means that you’ll find plenty of bars within walking distance of one another. If you want to find a different vibe to shake things up, don’t be afraid to bar hop or take a Lyft/Uber to another happening neighborhood. Your date will love going on an adventure - even if it’s just another bar setting!
Best Date Night Restaurants in Colorado Springs that Should Be Your First Choice
Psst! Here’s a valuable secret for dating success in Colorado Springs: Avoid the traditional “dinner date” until you’ve had a few successful dates.
As we mentioned earlier in this article, dinner dates have the unfortunate potential to be pretty dull, formulaic, and uninspiring. Plus, there’s always the dicey issue of who pays for the check - something you probably want to avoid until you get to know each other.
Nevertheless, if you’ve got a decent rapport going with your date and are already having a blast, we've got some solid restaurant choices in Colorado Springs that offer great ambiance and affordable plates to enhance your time together:
- Panino's Restaurant in Downtown Colorado Springs - 604 N Tejon St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- Poor Richard's Restaurant in Downtown Colorado Springs - 324 1/2 N Tejon St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- Four by Brother Luck in Downtown Colorado Springs - 321 N Tejon St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- Rasta Pasta in Downtown Colorado Springs - 405 N Tejon St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- Señor Manuel Mexican Cuisine in Northeast Colorado Springs - 4660 N Nevada Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80918
- Hacienda Colorado in Northeast Colorado Springs - 5246 N Nevada Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80918
More Date Spots in Colorado Springs We Love
Nearly everyone knows that dating today is more than just eating some food, sipping on some alcoholic beverages, and passively engaging in some people-watching. In actuality, successful dating in Colorado Springs involves actively enjoying each other’s company. Based on our personal experiences and in-depth research, singles in Colorado Springs have had great dates at the following date spots in Colorado Springs - and we're confident you can enjoy the same results:
- Go ice skating at Sertich Ice Center
- Watch the Vibes play at UC Health Stadium
- Visit Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum and the Ghost Town Museum for one-of-a-kind exhibits and events
- Check out some fascinating wildlife at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
- Try a group dance lesson at Dance Colorado Dance Studio
- Shoot some targets together at Bear Creek Terrace Archery Range
- Stroll through vendor booths at the many art fairs throughout Colorado Springs
- Shop for fresh groceries and taste homemade food at many of Colorado Springs’ Farmers Markets
- Solve a puzzle at Made You Think Escapes
- Catch live music and more at The Black Sheep
Note: Because of Colorado Springs's high-desert climate, temperatures and weather can change in just a few hours. That’s why it’s important to take a look at weather forecasts well before plotting your next date - and be adaptable if those storm clouds look ominous. No one likes getting heat stroke and sunburnt on their next date, nor do they enjoy shivering in cooler temperatures during what’s supposed to be a fun, relaxing date!