It’s time to get you a date! Someone who actually fits your personality. But knowing what you want and actually finding them are two different things. Thankfully, that difference doesn’t seem so big when you have the best dating apps and sites in Edmonton on your site. Whether you want to find a quick, casual fling or find a relationship that lasts, these apps will help you out.
Almost every list of dating apps is the same. They go over the identical apps across each article completely disregarding the specifics of country, province or other important circumstances that play a role. We’ve made sure to account for that. From Westmount to Glenora, McCauley to Summerside, Pleasantview to Grovenor, these are by far the top 9 apps in our city.
#1 - Dine (Android; iOS) is one of the best dating apps in Edmonton to land an in-person date fast
Dine is the solution to “Where do you wanna meet?” “No, you pick!” The app is centered around helping people meet up fast by suggesting first date venues. It also considers your preferences for where you want to go on a date. So while some apps focus too much on looks and others have fancy algorithms, Dine just lets you pick a spot and go from there!
Why we love Dine
- It gets you off your phone and into an ACTUAL date
- They offer a great selection of restaurants to choose from in-app to fit anyone’s preferences
- If you’re a foodie you’re not going to have an issue finding someone in the same boat
Why it’s not the best
- It’s not yet that popular
- The app can be laggy
#2 - eHarmony (Android; iOS) can't be beaten for long-term relationships
eHarmony is extremely popular here and has an amazing track record of helping Edmonton locals find long-term partners by using matching algorithms. This app does the best job of matching you up with compatible potential mates that we've seen.
You don't have to scroll for hours. The app does all of the tough work for you. Of course, you might not make a perfect connection outside of the algorithms. Usually, it works like magic. The toughest part is answering all of the questions. It's important because this is how they match you with other single people. You can build chemistry before you even meet.
If you're serious about finding long-term partners this is the site for you.
Why eHarmony is one of the best dating sites in Edmonton
- The best success rate out there for long-term relationships
- 70% of users find their future spouse within a year
- Makes it pretty easy to form connections
What we don’t like about it
- It definitely takes more time than most to get started
- Not super popular with those 18-22
#3 - Tastebuds (iOS) is one of the best Edmonton dating sites for music lovers
Okay, Tastebuds is super cool. The basic premise is that you find matches who share your taste in music. It’s not just about liking the same bands and artists. Tastebuds matches you up with people who enjoy the same genre and on top of that, the app might just help you discover new artists. So if you treat your Spotify playlists like the holy grail, Tastebuds is one of the best dating sites in Edmonton for you.
Why we can’t get enough of it
- You match with others based on your music preference
- You’ll find matches based on genres and general music tastes, not just specific artists
- The app’s user-base is growing super fast (especially in a big city like Edmonton)
- We love the site version
Why it’s just okay
- It’s not available on Android
- The website works better than the app
#4 - AFF is the easiest way to find something casual
AFF (which has a great free trial) should be your first choice when you're not looking for a relationship but still want some fun in the bedroom. We've tried a lot of different apps for this (most are awful) and only a couple have proven to work over and over. Tinder is great if you're under 25 but once you get beyond that AFF has shown the best results out of any dating site in Edmonton we've tried, especially for guys.
One of the things we've really liked about this app is that they do a really good job of helping you find EXACTLY what you're looking for. Everyone on this site is looking for the same thing so you can save a LOT of time that you would waste on other sites. If you're 25+ and want to take someone home this is your app.
Why you should try AFF
- They have a massive number of users on their app (over 50 million)
- We’ve seen guys have the best success using it, especially those who aren’t super good looking and didn’t do well on Tinder
- It’s very straightforward and easy to use
What we don’t like about it
- Many users can only access via web app
- The app is a little dated and not as polished as some others
- Sometimes people are a little TOO upfront with what they want
#5 - Heybaby (iOS) one of the best Edmonton dating apps for single parents
Heybaby centralizes single-parent dating all in one app and makes it fun. Being a single parent looking for an S.O. can really be a real pain. Seriously though, you either find people who are too old, too immature or just not your type in the least. That’s because so many singles are put off by dating a single parent. Some, on the other hand, are open about it but they don’t understand the commitment.
Lucky for you, Heybaby helps remove that uncertainty. You’re likely to only meet other single parents or at least other singles who genuinely want to date a single parent!
Why we like it
- It helps bring single parents together
- The app design is sleek and modern
Why Heybaby isn’t one of the best dating apps in Edmonton
- There still aren’t a ton of users
- It’s only available on iOS
#6 - The League (Android; iOS) ensures you only meet other affluent singles
The League prides itself on being one of the most exclusive apps out there. It aims to bring together driven, motivated singles looking for the same drive and motivation in a partner. While it’s one of the most exclusive apps out there, The League still has a sizeable userbase. So if you want to meet someone who’s lifestyle isn’t all that different from yours, this is the best Edmonton dating app to try.
Why it works
- You only see high-quality matches that perfectly fit you
- Everyone is authenticated
- People that don’t reply get a “flakiness” score, incentivizing people to always respond to matches
Why it’s not the best
- The app can be buggy
- Some matches are super far away
#7 - Facebook Dating (Android; iOS) makes dating as easy as using Facebook
Facebook Dating uses one of the most popular social media sites to create a dating app. Pretty genius if you ask me. You can find matches based on a number of criteria and you can also import your info straight from your profile. In case you’re worried your friends or colleagues will see you, you’ll be glad to know that the app excludes everyone on your immediate friends list.
Why Facebook Dating works
- It’s one of the best emerging dating apps in Edmonton
- It’s completely separate from your actual Facebook profile so nobody will see that you’re using the dating feature
- There is no shortage of users
Why it’s not the best
- Facebook is known to use user data in questionable ways
- It’s still pretty new, so expect some issues
#8 - Hinge (Android; iOS) makes online dating fun
Online dating is generally fun, but Hinge makes it both fun and effective. The basic premise is that you’re presented with a variety of matches each day. But instead of swiping, you can like or comment on their photos and profile. This gets you to actually look at each individual profile to see what you like. It’s also a great icebreaker that will help you find singles who are into the same things you are. Try it out and see why we think it’s one of the absolute best dating apps in Edmonton!
Why Hinge is great
- It’s for people who are younger but serious about dating
- The profiles are actually pretty fun to read
- There are tons of great reviews
What we don’t like
- It’s free, but paid members have a huge advantage
- Not for singles who prefer easy swiping
#9 - Tinder (Android; iOS) the most well-known dating app (by far)
Tinder is one of the most famous dating apps in the world for a good reason. For starters, they were the ones that popularized the swiping feature. Second, it’s so easy to use that even singles who don’t want to put effort into online dating enjoy it. Of course, it helps to have great photos and a witty bio. But even without those, you can still find a match because of the sheer number of users!
Why Tinder is one of the best dating apps in Edmonton
- There are an absolutely massive number of users
- The user base is very even in terms of women to men
- There are over 4 million reviews
- Great for the early 20s and early 30s crowd
WhyTinder isn’t a great dating app
- Most users base their swipes on looks alone
- You’ll run into some fake profiles