Are you looking to score a date sooner rather than later? Have you been deprived of some serious lovin’? While going out to meet new people may be fun, it’s not exactly convenient. But lucky for you, it’s the age of online dating and we know the 9 best dating apps and sites in Winnipeg.
We didn’t just skim by and base our decision on the popularity of these apps. We actually tried them out in Ottawa to see if they really work. From River East to Charleswood, St. Norbert to West End, Wolseley to East Kildonan, these are the apps and sites that will land you a date in no time.
#1 - Kinkoo (Android; iOS) is one of the best dating apps in Winnipeg for kinky people
We all have our thing. Whether it be BDSM, feet or whatever, it can be hard to find someone else with the EXACT same liking. Kinkoo makes that super easy since literally everybody on the app is already starting from a place of openness. While you might be hesitant to mention your preferences on other sites, Kinkoo lets you be your wild, sexy self. So get on this app and see just how many singles are into the same things you are.
Why Kinkoo works
- Kinkoo was made specifically for the sexually adventurous
- The app has over 68k reviews and a high app rating
- There are a lot of free features
- It’s a safe space for all
Why Kinkoo isn’t the best
- There are a LOT of scammers/fakes
- They limit how much you can message (on a free plan)
#2 - eHarmony (Android; iOS) can't be beaten for long-term relationships
eHarmony is extremely popular here and has an amazing track record of helping Winnipeg locals find long-term partners by using matching algorithms. This app does the best job of matching you up with compatible potential mates that we've seen.
You don't have to scroll for hours. The app does all of the tough work for you. Of course, you might not make a perfect connection outside of the algorithms. Usually, it works like magic. The toughest part is answering all of the questions. It's important because this is how they match you with other single people. You can build chemistry before you even meet.
If you're serious about finding long-term partners this is the site for you.
Why eHarmony is one of the best dating sites in Winnipeg
- The best success rate out there for long-term relationships
- 70% of users find their future spouse within a year
- Makes it pretty easy to form connections
What we don’t like about it
- It definitely takes more time than most to get started
- Not super popular with those 18-22
#3 - If you’re sober or recovering, Loosid (Android; iOS) is for you
Loosid is an incredible platform that helps singles stay away from temptation. While many singles want to go to bars to meet up, the singles on Loosid will instead invite you somewhere else. You can imagine that they’ll be pretty creative about it too.
When you’re in an environment with alcohol, it can be really hard to stay on track. Loosid doubles your effort by matching you with someone who has the exact same goal (or someone who has already passed the finish line).
Why Loosid is one of the best dating apps in Winnipeg
- It’s specifically for recovering addicts or those who are sober
- There’s a “Boozeless Guide” which offers a directory of places free from the typical drinking stigma
- The app has a rating of 4.4/5 (on Android)
What we don’t like
- There still aren’t a TON of users
- There’s the occasional bug
#4 - AFF is the easiest way to find a fling
AFF (which has a great free trial) should be your first choice when you're not looking for a relationship but still want some fun in the bedroom. We've tried a lot of different apps for this (most are awful) and only a couple have proven to work over and over. Tinder is great if you're under 25 but once you get beyond that AFF has shown the best results out of any dating site in Winnipeg we've tried, especially for guys.
One of the things we've really liked about this app is that they do a really good job of helping you find EXACTLY what you're looking for. Everyone on this site is looking for the same thing so you can save a LOT of time that you would waste on other sites. If you're 25+ and want to take someone home this is your app.
Why you should try AFF
- With over 50 million members, it’s one of the best dating sites in Winnipeg
- We’ve seen guys have the best success using it, especially those who aren’t super good looking and didn’t do well on Tinder
- It’s very straightforward and easy to use
What we don’t like about it
- Many users can only access via web app
- The app is a little dated and not as polished as some others
- Sometimes people are a little TOO upfront with what they want
#5 - MeetMe (Android; iOS) is one of the best dating sites in Winnipeg for friends or something more
MeetMe is focused mainly on making friends, although it still uses the same matching functionality found on apps like Tinder. You can set your profile to single to show that you’re specifically looking to date. The app also offers super interesting features such as live streaming. So whether you want to make friends or date around, MeetMe is one of the best dating apps in Winnipeg.
Why Meetme is one of the best Winnipeg dating apps
- You can use it for dating and for finding friends
- There are interesting features such as live streaming
- It’s quickly growing in popularity
What we don’t like
- Navigation can be a bit confusing
- Lots of features are closed behind a paywall
#6 - Inner Circle (Android; iOS) is one of the best Winnipeg dating apps in Winnipeg for the rich and famous
Inner Circle is a relatively new dating app that has gone almost the furthest in terms of app design. Its elegance reflects its target market: affluent singles. So you’ll only find matches who make as much as you or more, not singles who want to use you for your money. Inner Circle really verifies all their users, so it can be hard to get in. But once you’re in, you’ll be in good company.
Why it’s great
- All users are at least considered rich
- They make sure to authenticate their users
- There’s a cool option that allows you to pull from conversation prompts so you’ll always know what to say next
What we don’t like
- It’s super exclusive so it’s hard to get in
- Small userbase
#7 - Bumble (Android; iOS) is an app women love
Bumble is now one of the most popular dating apps on the market. It’s almost exactly like Tinder but with a twist. For starters, Bumble profiles are slightly more detailed. Second, when you match on Bumble, the woman has to message you first before you can contact her. This prevents them from receiving a ton of unwanted messages and it also keeps you from having to come up with an opening line. All in all, Bumble is one of the best Winnipeg dating apps out there!
Why Bumble is awesome
- So many users and lots of them are women
- You can date, network and find friends on Bumble
- Women message you first
Why Bumble isn’t awesome
- There are ads even if you pay
- Some women don’t know how to start a conversation
#8 - Coffee Meets Bagel (Android; iOS) ends the lackluster swiping
Dating should be grand and exciting, not monotone and repetitive. With most dating apps, that’s what you get. That was until Coffee Meets Bagel came along. Every day at noon, based upon your preferences, you are presented with only the absolute best matches by an ever-evolving algorithm. What CMB does is making dating interesting and novel once again. It’s definitely one of the best dating apps in Winnipeg if you like to change things up.
Why CMB is great
- You’re presented with your best matches every day at noon (no never-ending swiping)
- The app is rated 4/5 from 80+ thousand reviews
- You’re offered icebreakers so you can start the conversation off with something interesting
Why it’s meh
- There are a decent amount of bugs
- Some users report not receiving any matches at noon
#9 - Badoo (Android; iOS) is a great app for general dating
Badoo is the app for singles who aren’t exactly sure what they want yet. Maybe you really want a long-term relationship, but you’re okay with flings for the meantime. Get on Badoo and you can get both. With millions of users worldwide and a simple enough interface, finding a date here is pretty easy. Keep in mind, it’s not exactly a groundbreaking app, but it does work.
Why Badoo is a great dating app
- The app has over 5 million reviews and a rating of 4/5 (and that’s just on Android)!
- Users are photo-verified
- Find the perfect match through their unique tag-based filter system
What we don’t like
- The app is far from perfect
- Some people get misleading “someone wants to chat” notifications when there hasn’t been a message sent