Whether you’re looking for something serious, something fun, or something casual - this is the list for you. Going out and meeting people organically doesn’t quite cut it anymore. You need to branch out. And we don’t mean traveling from one end of Kentucky to another. We mean going online and using technology to enrich your dating life. So if you want to know the best dating apps and sites in Louisville, this is the list for you.
Whether you’re chilling out at Kosmodale or living the high life at East Market, we know exactly which apps you should use to find someone new. Get your phone ready because you’ll want to download these apps ASAP!
#1 - Ship (Android; iOS) is one of the best dating apps in Louisville if you trust your friends
Ship is a super cool new and unique app. What they do is let your friends decide - or recommend - who you should date. All of the messaging is centralized too, so it makes it super easy to have discussions with all your “choosers.” And, even better, it’s growing at an alarming rate - people love the idea and it tends to yield great results. Most of the time, your friends know better than you - let’s be honest. So why not let them help you meet someone new?
Why Ship is great in Louisville:
- The UI is beautiful
- Many users are surprised by how well their friends choose their dates
- The user-base is quickly growing
Why Ship isn’t that great in Louisville:
- There’s still not a ton of people on it yet
- You don’t get that many likes without paying
#2 - eHarmony (Android; iOS) can't be beaten for long-term relationships
eHarmony is extremely popular here and has an amazing track record of helping Louisville locals find long-term partners by using matching algorithms. This app does the best job of matching you up with compatible potential mates that we've seen.
You don't have to scroll for hours. The app does all of the tough work for you. Of course, you might not make a perfect connection outside of the algorithms. Usually, it works like magic. The toughest part is answering all of the questions. It's important because this is how they match you with other single people. You can build chemistry before you even meet.
If you're serious about finding long-term partners this is the site for you.
Why eHarmony is one of the best dating sites in Louisville
- The best success rate out there for long-term relationships
- 70% of users find their future spouse within a year
- Makes it pretty easy to form connections
What we don’t like about it
- It definately takes more time than most to get started
- Not super popular with those 18-22
#3 - Curtn (iOS) is one app where you can avoid getting catfished
Are you tired of getting catfished? Of showing up for a date and finding out the person you’re seeing barely resembles their profile? Curtn offers you a VERY promising solution, and it’s super simple. They use video-based profiles instead of the typical type (picture and description). On top of the videos though, you also get all the benefits of classic profiles - you can still post photos and write up an awesome description (along with so much more).
Why Curtn is one of the best Louisville dating apps:
- Your profile is video-based
- They offer questions to answer in your video, so you’ll always know what to talk about
- You can also use typical features like uploading photos and writing descriptions
What we didn’t like:
- With the free version, you’re capped on likes
- There aren’t a TON of users (yet)
#4 - AFF is the easiest way to find a fling
AFF should be your first choice when you're not looking for a relationship but still want some fun in the bedroom. We've tried a lot of different apps for this (most are awful) and only a couple have proven to work over and over. Tinder is great if you're under 25 but once you get beyond that AFF has shown the best results out of any dating site in Louisville we've tried, especially for guys.
One of the things we've really liked about this app is that they do a really good job of helping you find EXACTLY what you're looking for. Everyone on this site is looking for the same thing so you can save a LOT of time that you would waste on other sites. If you're 25+ and want to take someone home this is your app.
Why you should try AFF
- They have a massive number of users on their app (over 50 million)
- We’ve seen guys have the best success using it, especially those who aren’t super good looking and didn’t do well on Tinder
- It’s very straightforward and easy to use
What we don’t like about it
- Many users can only access via web app
- The app is a little dated and not as polished as some others
- Sometimes people are a little TOO upfront with what they want
#5 - Tinder (Android; iOS) one of the best Louisville dating apps for younger people
Tinder was pretty much the O.G. with the swipe feature - that’s why they skyrocketed into fame so quickly. You swipe left if you’re not into someone and right if you like them. If they swipe right on you too, you have a match! With over 55 BILLION - yes with a B - matches to date, there really isn’t a platform matching it in size. It’s super functional, and you consistently get results. Although it’s important to note, most users are under 30.
Why Tinder is great:
- The app is super functional
- There’s an absolutely enormous base – like it’s ridiculous
- Their algorithm works really well
Why Tinder isn’t that great:
- Some features are stuck behind a paywall
- It’s mainly for younger people (below 30)
#6 - Plenty of Fish (Android; iOS) one of the best dating sites in Louisville for people 30+
POF has been around for a long time, but unlike many other companies their age, they’ve evolved with the times. They’ve kept up with trends in terms of design, and the app is super functional. Let’s not forget, the user base is composed of REAL people, instead of being congested with bots. It’s a great site, and it’s a great app if you’re over 30.
Why POF is a great dating site and app:
- It’s mainly for people over 30
- All of their design is updated
- Their apps are super functional
Why POF isn’t that great of a dating site and app:
- There are definitely some scammers
- POF does ask for a lot of information on you – and it’s not exactly clear how they use it
- Some profiles are inactive
#7 - Raya (iOS) is for the rich and/or famous
Raya is super cool because it targets a very specific group of people - Instagram influencers. Yeah, maybe that’s not the best for the entirety of the population, but it sure is good for celebs (online or otherwise). Typically, you’re going to need well over 5000 followers to join (250,000 is optimal). With that being said, they’re not lacking users; in fact, they’re growing super quickly.
Why Raya is great:
- It specifically targets IG influencers
- They verify each user, so you won’t run into fake accounts
- It’s growing in user very quickly
- Raya also has a professional networking option
Why Raya isn’t that great:
- Having over 250,000 followers is optimal to join
- You HAVE to pay monthly to be on here
#8 - heybaby (iOS) is the dating app built for parents
Honestly, it can be tough trying to find that special someone as a single parent. We get it. Well, heybaby was LITERALLY made for you - from the ground up. It was made by parents, for parents, making it one of the best Louisville dating apps. No more awkward dates where you get a funny look as soon as you drop “I have kids.” No, instead, you get “awesome, how old are they?” heybaby has already helped so many single parents - are you next?
Why heybaby is awesome:
- It’s specifically built for parents
- They have great reviews
- The design is very pretty
Why heybaby isn’t that awesome:
- The amount of users isn’t astronomical – although it is growing
- It’s only on iOS
#9 - Bumble (Android; iOS) remains one of the best ways to find a date
We’re at the end of the list folks, and we want to finish with a bang. That’s why we put Bumble here. This new app is making headway at an unprecedented rate in the dating world - and that’s for a reason. Not only do they offer a dating option but they also offer Bumble Bizz (networking) and Bumble BFF (friends). It’s the whole package.
Why Bumble is great:
- The apps work great
- Their user-base is growing to Tinder levels
- Not only is there an option for dating, but also for networking and finding friends
- Women message first, which takes some pressure off guys
Why Bumble isn’t that great:
- Some women don’t know how to start a conversation
- Not for impatient guys
- Sometimes you don’t get notifications for messages