With so many dating sites in just Jacksonville, let alone all over Florida, which one should you try? Our team of experts is here to help! We tested over 150 dating apps ourselves to see which ones are the best. We’ve narrowed it down to the following nine dating apps that are great in any neighborhood, be it San Marco, Arlington, or Mayport.
The ongoing pandemic has dramatically shifted many everyday norms throughout our lives, including how people meet and date in the modern age. While the days of meeting people in the wild were rapidly dwindling before the coronavirus emerged, its onset has only dramatically accelerated this phenomenon.
So, if you’re looking to join millions of others on one of these dating apps, keep reading!
#1 - eHarmony (Android; iOS) is the best dating site in Jacksonville for long-term relationships
eHarmony is the best dating site in Jacksonville if you're really after something long-term. You've probably seen the commercials and know people who have met using it. It's incredibly popular and has had a long history of success. In fact, there really isn't a better way to find compatible singles that we've found.
Aside from having a TON of local users, another key thing that we like about eHarmony is that it actually helps you meet people. It figures out what you want and matches you with people who are also looking for people like you and then it enables you to build chemistry. No other app does anywhere near as much.
It shouldn't be surprising then that 75% of all marriages that start online begin on eHarmony. With such crazy success rates, you absolutely need to give their trial a shot. It's worth the time, and it just plain works.
Why eHarmony is one of the best dating sites in Jacksonville:
- Unquestionably the best Jacksonville dating app for long-term relationships
- 70% of users find their future spouse within a year
- When they’re responsible for 75% of all online marriages they’re crushing the competition
What we don’t like about it:
- It definitely takes more time than most to get started
- You have to follow the process (but it works)
#2 - AFF the best hookup app in Jacksonville
AFF has been the best hookup app in Jacksonville for several years now. Tinder used to be up there as well, but lately, it's become much more of a dating app. So if you truly want a hookup site that's all about casual fun, AFF is the best option by far.
What really makes it great is how successful guys are on it. Most women can do well anywhere but only AFF has consistently worked for normal guys. If you haven't had much luck on Tinder, you can likely do a lot better on AFF.
With over 60 million active users, many of whom are in Jacksonville, there are a lot of options out there to take advantage of. Check out their free trial below and see what we mean. It's easy to use and it's hard to argue with the results.
Why you should try AFF:
- The most popular hookup site in Jacksonville (over 60 million)
- Men can actually do really well on it, even if Tinder hasn’t been kind to you
- Makes finding casual fun pretty easy
What we don’t like about it:
- Many users can only access it via its web app
- They need to cut back on the ads
#3 - Zoosk is the best app for younger Jacksonville singles (Android; iOS)
Zoosk has been dominating the charts lately, and it’s the #1 dating app on the app store for good reason. Tons of Jacksonville singles use it and with over 35 million members altogether, it’s easily one of the most popular dating apps available right now.
Older singles are welcome on the site but Zoosk does tend to attract younger users in general. Most profiles are people between 18 to 24, and there’s an even split between the genders, so it’s an ideal site for young singles who want a lot of options.
The stats Zoosk boasts are impressive: over 3 million messages sent and 30 million new downloads each day! In addition, setting up and verifying your account is refreshingly simple. The interface is also minimal and modern, so it’s no wonder why so many people consider it their go-to dating app.
Why Zoosk is one of the best dating apps in Jacksonville:
- Perfect for younger singles who want real relationships without resorting to Tinder
- Simple, easy to use interface
- There are plenty of people to connect with – over 35 million members and 30 million new downloads each day
What we don’t really like:
- As with every big site, there are quite a few spammy accounts to sort through
- Older singles past their mid-20s probably won’t have much luck on here
#4 - Christian Mingle is great for Christian singles (Android; iOS)
Christian Mingle is the best dating app for Christian singles. If you are Christian, your faith is likely a big part of your life. So, finding someone who understands you and your religion is important. On Christian Mingle, you will meet people from different walks of life who all share the same love of God with you.
It's one of the best dating apps in Jacksonville for Christians, with over 1 million members. So even though being religious is becoming less common, it’s still possible to find a good Christian match!
Why it’s the best Jacksonville dating app for Christians:
- Christian Mingle sends you daily recommendations of people to match with
- If you prefer to search for your own matches, you can
- Christian Mingle is free to use but the paid version is affordable as well
What we don’t like about it:
- The app has limited features
- Users with free membership cannot send or receive messages, only see other’s profiles
#5 - Badoo is for those who love social media (Android; iOS)
Badoo has been around for more than ten years and is still extremely popular. With over 445 million users in 200 countries, Badoo is one of the most active dating sites. This is likely because Badoo is quite unique; it is a social media network as well as a dating site.
Signing up is easy as you just upload a few pictures, answer some basic questions, and you’re ready to go! You can then search for members by browsing through your “encounters” or looking at who’s nearby. Badoo is great for meeting people for friendship, casual flings or even long-term relationships.
Why we love Badoo:
- The dating pool is huge, with over 130 million visits to the site alone every month
- There are multiple ways to reach out to other users
- Unique features like a popularity meter and superpowers
Why Badoo might not be the best dating app in Jacksonville:
- Although a free version is available, it’s super limited, so you will need to pay to access certain features
- Badoo is heavily focused on appearance, so it’s a bit shallow
#6 - Hily is the best up-and-coming app in Jacksonville (Android; iOS)
Hily is one of the newest dating apps to hit the Jacksonville dating scene, but it’s already making a name for itself as one of the best options for singles right now. It has been steadily climbing the “most downloaded” chart in the app store, so we’re happy to report that it really does live up to the hype.
The verification process on Hily is thorough which helps weed out bots and scammers. To create an account, you have to link your Facebook or Snapchat account as well as send a live photo or copy of your ID. Since there are so many dating sites out there filled with fake accounts, finding a truly catfish-free app is a refreshing change of pace.
With its social media feel, using Hily is easy and familiar but that isn’t all it has to offer. The app uses a new AI technology that learns about your preferences the more you swipe so that it can show you profiles of users with similar interests. This AI also identifies and automatically blocks inappropriate messages, so gone are the days of unsolicited pics from strangers!
What we love about Hily:
- The thorough verification measures make it difficult for fake accounts and bots to join
- Its social media feel makes the interface feel familiar and intuitive
- Offensive messages are automatically blocked, so you don’t have to deal with them
What could be better:
- Chat requests aren’t exclusive to mutual matches, so random people can send you messages
- The premium version is more expensive than other comparable apps
- Canceling your premium subscription isn’t straight-forward
#7 - Hinge is perfect for getting to know someone (Android; iOS)
Hinge is a great mix of popular dating apps like Tinder and eHarmony. Tinder is easy to use as you just swipe to match with people and eHarmony is successful thanks to its in-depth profiles. Hinge uses a matching method similar to Tinder but profiles are more detailed and welcoming to getting conversations going.
Users will have six pictures and answers to conversation prompts. To match with someone, you either like or comment on a specific photo or prompt and they can choose whether or not to message you. Hinge is perfect because you can actually get to know someone without needing to read overly-detailed profiles.
Why Hinge is one of our favorite apps:
- Hinge is available for free with optional paid features
- Users get a “most compatible” recommendation daily
- Reading and responding to conversation prompts is a great way of getting to know someone
What we don’t like about it:
- You are limited to ten likes a day with the free version
- If you prefer swiping through photos without reading bios, this isn’t for you
#8 - Raya is one of the best Jacksonville dating apps for high-profile singles (iOS)
Raya is one of the best apps for dating and networking among high-profile singles. This could mean celebrities like actors, musicians, models or even top-level executives. You typically need at least 5,000 Instagram followers to get approved but acceptance is tough to help keep the app exclusive.
Once you’re on Raya, you can date or network with like-minded people in Jacksonville. No need to worry about privacy or safety on Raya as everyone who joins is extensively vetted.
Why Raya is great:
- High-profile singles can date or network comfortably without worrying about someone using them
- Raya verifies all members, so no catfishes are on the app
- As the app is exclusive; safety and privacy are of the utmost importance
What we don’t like about it:
- Raya is not available for Android
- Even if you have over 5,000 Instagram followers, you may not be accepted
#9 - Bumble is one of the best dating apps in Jacksonville for women (Android; iOS)
Bumble is trying to shake up the dating game by making us question gender norms. Most women are used to men approaching them either in person or on other dating apps. This can be flattering but more often than not, intimidating and overwhelming. On Bumble, women must message the man first!
Once you both “like” each other, the woman has 24 hours to message the man or the match disappears. This helps give women control of their dating life and lessens the chance of constant harassing messages from strangers.
Why Bumble is perfect for the women of Jacksonville:
- It’s one of the best dating apps in Jacksonville among millennials, so the dating pool is big
- Women can completely control whether or not they want someone to message them
- The app is easy to use as you just need to swipe right or left to match with someone or skip them
What we don’t like about it:
- Men may have a hard time standing out without being able to make the first move
- Bumble functions as a normal dating app for same-sex couples
The Best Dating Sites in Jacksonville for Long-Term Relationships
Now that we’ve covered our top nine dating sites, we’re going to give you some specific recommendations. Not every online dating option is geared towards finding a real, long-lasting relationship, so these are our top picks for dating apps and sites for users looking for something long-term:
eHarmony can’t be beaten for long-term relationships
We covered what makes eHarmony great in the list above, but it’s unquestionably the best for Jacksonville singles looking for a long-term relationship. With a ton of local users to choose from, the site actually takes a lot of the guesswork out for you with its in-depth signup process. It not only figures out what you’re looking for in a partner but also helps find people looking for someone like you.
The success rates that eHarmony boasts are incredible. Over 70% of users find their spouse within a year of signing up, so if you’re a Jacksonville single looking to make a real, long-lasting relationship, eHarmony is the place for you.
Christian Mingle is for marriage-minded Christians
Christian Mingle is one of Jacksonville's most popular dating apps for Christians looking to develop meaningful connections. Every user on the site shares the same love of God as you do, so it’s great for finding other Christians focused on forming a long-term relationship. With over 1 million members, it’s definitely a great option for people in Jacksonville who want something real.
The Best Hookup Sites in Jacksonville
Not all singles are looking for a serious relationship. If you’re a Jacksonville single looking for something more casual, navigating through all the hookup sites can be a pain. Some of them really don’t work for regular guys but a few stand out.
Here are our top recommendations for hookup sites in Jacksonville that actually get results:
AFF works well for regular guys looking for action
We talked about AFF in detail earlier, but we can’t stress enough about how it’s the best casual dating site in Jacksonville. Since the app is entirely focused on casual fun, there’s no room for miscommunication about what other users are looking for. And because women spend more time looking at a guy’s profile instead of just swiping through pictures, It’s perfect for normal dudes who haven’t had much luck by using Tinder.
Check out AFF’s free trial and see for yourself just how well it works. If you’re just looking for a casual dating site, AFF is the best one to start with.
Tinder works for the best-looking guys
Tinder is still a very popular option for Jacksonville singles and there are a ton of users to form connections with. But recent studies have shown that only the top 10% of male users on the app get over 80% of the responses from female users, so it’s obviously skewed towards the best-looking guys out there. It may be one of the best free hookup sites in Jacksonville, but if you’re a regular guy, you’ll likely get more and better results on AFF.
The Best Free Dating Sites in Jacksonville
Many people wonder if they really need to use a paid site or if they can get away with just using the free ones. You wouldn’t be alone in asking that but after trying over 100 different dating sites and apps, paid sites are much better in our experience.
If you’re brand new to online dating and you’re just looking to familiarize yourself with how it works, free sites are fine. But once you’ve tested the waters, you should switch to a paid site or upgrade to a premium version. When it comes to online dating, paid sites get much better results than the free options.
With that in mind, if you just want to check out your options, there are a few free Jacksonville dating sites worth considering:
These are our top three best free dating sites in Jacksonville, but you should really only consider them if you 100% can’t afford to try a paid site right now.