Finding a date isn’t easy, especially if you’re a busy guy or none of your friends are great wingmen. Not to worry, though because going out to meet women isn't the only cure to a lackluster dating life. We’ve put in the man-hours, put pen to paper and extracted some great data on the absolute best dating apps in Oklahoma City.
Why? Because we’ve been in your exact position before. Date, breakup, date, breakup, date, breakup - the process is absolutely exhausting. It’s our duty to help you make it just a little bit easier - at the absolute least. Here are our picks for the top 9 best Oklahoma City dating apps and sites.
#1 - Graze (Android; iOS) is one of the best dating apps in Oklahoma City
Graze is a platform that puts real, face-to-face dating first above all else. When you match with someone, you're prompted to have a quick 5-minute video call with them. Yes, it can be intimidating, but it’s for the best. It’s way worse to chat for a while over text and then realize when you’re already out on the date that there’s ZERO chemistry at all. Save time, save money, and skip the awkwardness of a first date gone wrong.
Why we like Graze
- It’s based around video-calling instead of just texting
- It’s new and growing fast
- You can also text, create profiles/bios, and all that good stuff
What we don't like
- There are some glitches
- Video chats can be intimidating to some
- It only has a rating of 2.6/5 stars (on Android)
#2 - eHarmony (Android; iOS) is one of the best dating sites in Oklahoma City for long-term relationships
eHarmony is extremely popular here and has an amazing track record of helping Oklahoma City locals find long-term partners by using matching algorithms. This app does the best job of matching you up with compatible potential mates that we've seen.
You don't have to scroll for hours. The app does all of the tough work for you. Of course, you might not make a perfect connection outside of the algorithms. Usually, it works like magic. The toughest part is answering all of the questions. It's important because this is how they match you with other single people. You can build chemistry before you even meet.
If you're serious about finding long-term partners this is the site for you.
Why eHarmony is one of the best dating sites in Oklahoma City
- The best success rate out there for long-term relationships
- 70% of users find their future spouse within a year
- Makes it pretty easy to form connections
What we don’t like about it
- It definately takes more time than most to get started
- Not super popular with those 18-22
#3 - MeetMe (Android; iOS) the best app for more friendly encounters
MeetMe is mainly targeted towards people who are looking to make new friends and create connections online. They’re not specifically targeted for dating, although, there’s no specific rule that you can’t use the platform for dating. So there’s the freedom to interact with whoever you want without feeling pressured to get some chemistry going.
Why MeetMe is one of the best dating apps in Oklahoma City
- It’s mainly for finding friends, but you can date here too
- If you’re in your early 20s, this is a good app for you
- It has a decent-sized user base
Why MeetMe is just okay
- It’s not the best dating site in Oklahoma City because the app isn’t great
- There’s a decent amount of fake accounts
#4 - AFF is the easiest way to find a fling
AFF should be your first choice when you're not looking for a relationship but still want some fun in the bedroom. We've tried a lot of different apps for this (most are awful) and only a couple have proven to work over and over. Tinder is great if you're under 25 but once you get beyond that AFF has shown the best results out of any dating site in Oklahoma City we've tried, especially for guys.
One of the things we've really liked about this app is that they do a really good job of helping you find EXACTLY what you're looking for. Everyone on this site is looking for the same thing so you can save a LOT of time that you would waste on other sites. If you're 25+ and want to take someone home this is your app.
Why you should try AFF
- They have a massive number of users on their app (over 50 million)
- We’ve seen guys have the best success using it, especially those who aren’t super good looking and didn’t do well on Tinder
- It’s very straightforward and easy to use
What we don’t like about it
- Many users can only access via web app
- The app is a little dated and not as polished as some others
- Sometimes people are a little TOO upfront with what they want
#5 - Hinge (Android; iOS) is one of the best Oklahoma City dating apps for serious young people
Hinge is an incredible app designed to help find people matches that work for the long-term. The user base for Hinge is mainly younger-people as well - different from the traditional serious dating websites. What we like the most about this app is that it balances Tinder’s swiping with eHarmony’s thoughtful matchmaking. So it’s not just about pictures, but you’re actually going to be interested in other users’ profiles.
Why Hinge is amazing
- It’s not heavily focused on looks
- It has a large userbase of younger people
- They’re constantly improving upon their system and features
Why Hinge isn’t one of the best Oklahoma City dating apps
- Their “discover” feed doesn’t work all that well
- They hide “best matches” behind a paywall
#6 - Down (Android; iOS) is a great app for flings
Down is one of the best dating apps in Oklahoma City if you just want something short and casual. It’s incredibly discreet and that’s what we love about it. No one will know you’ve liked them UNLESS they’ve liked you back. They’ve also made sure that you don’t show up as a Down user in any search options. You have nothing to worry about, go have some fun!
Why Down is great
- It’s mainly for finding flings
- They’re committed to privacy
- There’s also a dating feature if you prefer relationships over flings
Why Down isn't the best
- There’s a good amount of fake users
- Their payment system can be buggy
#7 - Tinder (Android; iOS) is the most well known and used dating app
Tinder is, well, probably an app we don’t even need to explain. It is so well-known and widely used that almost everyone - even grandparents - know about it. It’s a functional app, it’s very aesthetic, and due to the massive user-base, you consistently make awesome matches. It’s not a stretch to say that Tinder is by far one of the best dating apps in Oklahoma City.
What makes Tinder great
- It has an absolutely enormous user-base
- It’s mainly for casual dating
- The app is so easy to use it’s addictive
Why it isn’t the best
- Focuses a lot on looks
- Some important features are stuck behind a paywall
- The platform isn’t void of fake accounts
#8 - JDate (Android; iOS) is the dating app for Jewish people
JDate is designed to help Jewish singles find other Jewish singles. If your faith is important to you, then it must affect your dating prospects, right? Sadly, not everyone likes to put their religion in their profile. On JDate, everyone is Jewish (or at least open to dating someone who’s Jewish), so you can focus on other things you have in common!
Why Jdate is an incredible dating site
- It’s specifically designed for Jewish singles
- It has a large, dedicated user-base
- They have a sister blog called JLife, which offers great dating and life advice
Why it’s not that great
- The site works better than the app
- There’s a decent amount of fake profiles
#9 - SilverSingles (Android; iOS) is the dating site for 50+ singles
SilverSingles was created to help any single over 50 find a great match. As you get older, the dating options lessen, both online and in real life. This is why many older singles are on SilverSingles: because they can meet someone their age. It saves you a ton of time! Instead of going out and exhausting yourself looking for a potential date, hop on SilverSingles and have them presented to you.
Why we love it
- It’s for the 50+ group
- It’s a well known, functional site
- Their personality test is great at matching up singles
Why we don’t love it
- Some fake profiles are looking to scam older singles
- The site works better than the app
If you are looking for more great guides to finding the right dating apps check these out: