Online dating can be extremely overwhelming for singles looking to find the one with so many options out there for dating apps and sites. Dating is already hard enough without the constant swiping and messaging across multiple platforms. It can all seem like a burden when you haven’t done the necessary research to find the best dating apps in Cincinnati.
To help make the search easier, our team of relationship experts has sifted through the best Cincinnati dating apps and sites to provide singles with the greatest shot at finding love in our virtual world! This exclusive list of the best dating apps can help weed out the mess to jumpstart any single’s search for their perfect partner.
#1 - Chorus (Android; iOS) is one of the best dating apps in Cincinnati if you are sick of the impersonal dating experience
Chorus, a newer dating site with the slogan “make dating human again,” promotes dating that emphasizes community, accountability and humanity. Chorus allows a couple of options for matching with other singles and both are great for singles who hate the new virtual-swiping scene.
One option is that you can invite your friends to play matchmaker for you. The other more fun option is playing dating roulette where Chorus will match you with another user to have a quick 5-minute video chat, instead of wading through profile after profile. If you haven’t had luck on any of the swiping apps, Chorus may be the best place for you!
Reasons to love Chorus
- Brings the human connection back to virtual dating
- Makes dating a social activity and allows friends to matchmake for you
What we don’t like about this app
- Doesn’t allow you to swipe for yourself, so having friends interested in helping you find love is required for this app
#2 - eHarmony (Android; iOS) is Cinncinnati's best dating app for long-term relationships
eHarmony is possibly the most recognizable name in online dating and for good reason. Since it has been around a while it's had a lot of time to perfect its dating model and the results show it. 75% of marriages that start online begin with eharmony and nearly 70% of users find their future spouse within a year.
No other app in Columbus comes anywhere close to results like that!
eHarmony is the best dating site for singles who are willing to spend the time it takes to find their perfect match. The eHarmony compatibility model is unmatched in other dating sites. If finding your life partner is your number one priority and you’re willing to put in the effort for love, eHarmony may be your best shot!
Why eHarmony is one of the best dating apps out there
- Tons of users in Columbus
- Best results by far for a dating app
- A very in-depth compatibility model
What we don’t love about it
- Will take some time to get up an running
- Requires a long, in-depth compatibility questionnaire at profile set up
#3 - Curtn (iOS) is for anyone who’s scared of being catfished
Curtn is the only app that offers comprehensive video profiles. It’s bringing virtual dating one step further. That’s because this app combines the best of online dating without all the reading.
Curtn’s say it’s “all about honest dating” and getting out from behind the screen to live as your authentic self even before the first date. If you are sick of awkwardly trying to recognize your date from a photo the first time you meet, Curtn may be the best option for you. On the other hand, if you are used to swiping for matches in your pajamas with a bottle glass of wine, move along.
Reasons to try Curtn
- Allows for more human connection right from the start
- Being catfished is nearly impossible because what you see if what you get
Why Curtn might not be for you
- Takes more time to film a video than to type a message
- It’s pretty new, so there aren’t a ton of profiles
#4 - AFF is the best hookup app in Cincinnati
AFF is the Cincinnati hookup app that you need to be using, especially if you're a guy. We've all tried Tinder and most of us haven't had the best results. AFF is on a different level, especially now that Tinder is mostly just another dating app at this point instead of more focused on finding casual relationships.
What really sets AFF apart is just how popular it is in Columbus and how engaged the users are. This isn't an app full of people who just want attention (looking at you Tinder) this is an app for people who are actually meeting up.
If you haven't tried it yet, check out their free trial below. It's a much better experience than the rest that we've tried and it's very easy to set up. If you're not a model this is going to be where you get the best results.
Why we think AFF is one of the best dating sites in Cincinnati
- Very popular around town
- Best results we’ve seen for guys
- Non-traditional couples allowed
What we don’t like about the site
- Not for singles looking for a long-term commitment
- You have to signup on their website first
#5 - Plenty of Fish (Android; iOS) is one of the best dating sites in Cincinnati
Plenty of Fish is one of the best apps for singles who enjoy the typical online dating experience. With tons of members and new singles joining every day, Plenty of Fish claims to be one of the world’s largest dating platforms, and that rings true in Cincinnati.
The Plenty of Fish algorithm also matches profiles based on interests and details of each person’s life, so the app is best for singles looking for something serious and a partner they can share hobbies with. If you enjoy the traditional dating app experience of swiping, messaging and looking for love – this app is for you!
Why we think Plenty of Fish is one of the best dating apps in Cincinnati
- Lots of members and profiles, which increases anyone’s chances of finding the one
- Easy user experience
- Tailored matches based on personal details and interests
Why it might not be for you
- Some profiles haven’t been active in awhile
- A more traditional dating app, so if you’ve tried swiping and it’s not your thing, this may not be for you
#6 - Zoosk (Android; iOS) is one of the best Cincinnati dating apps for social media users
Zoosk is one of the best dating apps in Cincinnati for busy singles who are sick of filling out dating questionnaires. Instead of requiring yet another long and tedious profile set-up, Zoosk gets the info it needs to match its singles from the various social media profiles of its users.
Zoosk has also made international dating much more readily available. Boasting over 40 million profiles worldwide, Zoosk may be the place for singles to find that foreign lover they have always been looking for!
Why Zoosk is one of the best Cincinnati dating apps
- Auto-populates your profile based on social media
- Doesn’t limit your dating options to your location
What we don’t like about
- Not the best for older singles who aren’t super active on social media
- Only offers two genders at sign up
#7 SilverSingles (Android; iOS) is for you if you are 50+
Are you 50+ and looking for love? Look no further than SilverSingles. This app is one of the best sites tailored specifically for folks in the sunset of life who are ready to make a connection with someone their own age.
The other apps can be hard to use for older folks who don’t want a quick hookup and are too annoyed by social media to dive into the world of online dating. SilverSingles is exclusive to members who are 50 years old and up, so there is no worry about accidentally dating someone the same age as your daughter. Yikes.
Why you should try SilverSingles
- Exclusive community for singles 50+
- Personalized matchmaking to cut through the noise
What we didn’t love about it
- Requires commitment to dating and an in-depth personality test
- The premium membership with all the dating features will cost you some money
#8 Inner Circle (Android; iOS) is for you if you want to meet people in a group setting
Inner Circle is a new kind of dating that combines the virtual experience with traditional means of finding the one. The app’s algorithm matches singles based on their interests and shared values leading to better connections in the long run. It also offers exclusive member events at the city’s best venues that allow connections to form and strengthen over shared experiences.
If you want to meet someone in a group setting, but don’t want to attend the creepy singles night at your local bar, Inner Circle is the place for you!
Why Inner Circle is great
- Exclusive member events for meeting other singles in groups
- Matches profiles based on shared interests and values
Why it’s not so great
- If you are shy about walking up to someone in a bar, this may not be the best place for you
- The full membership is the best way to go if you are serious about love, but it’s not free
#9 Hinge (Android; iOS) is for you if you hated Tinder but liked the concept
Hinge is one of the best dating apps in Cincinnati for singles of all ages. But it works best for older millennials looking to date and maybe find the one! This more low-key dating app works exactly like the OGs, Tinder and Bumble but offers more of a personalized profile. The app is free, but it comes with a few premium features like seeing who liked you before you match with them and unlimited swiping.
Hinge is a great step up from the usual apps but not so serious that you’re walking down the aisle in a few months. Hinge markets itself as the app that is meant to be deleted and works great for older millennials looking to find a date to the seven weddings they have this year.
Why Hinge is worth a shot
- The free version is all you need and offers all the necessary tools
- The paid version isn’t very expensive and worth the money if you are serious about love
- The user interface is familiar
What we didn’t like about it
- Not great for anyone over 35
- Inactive profiles sometimes show up when swiping