There are many ways to meet a girl. Let's say you met an interesting girl through a dating app, mutual friends, or at the office. And after the initial introduction, you've managed to slide into her DMs and are now wondering what your next step should be.
Your approach will determine how interested the girl will be in continuing your conversation. Remember, having a strong start is essential to making a good first impression. Would it be creepy to send her compliments, and would funny texts do better to get her attention?
I'll tell you now that one of the best ways to woo a girl through texts is to send her something funny. Even if you think you have a good game and don’t need to use funny texts to make her laugh, since you don’t know anything about her preferences and tastes, flirting with her right off the bat can ruin your chances. So until you get to know her better, cheeky, humor-infused texts are your best friend.
If you want to find out what types of funny texts to send to get her attention, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we will go over some of the unique and funny text messages to make her laugh and get her thinking about you.
Funny Texts to Get Her Attention on Dating Apps
When you match with someone on a dating app, making the first move can be daunting. Since you don’t know the other person, you'll need something to break the ice and get the conversation rolling. Studies show that men with good humor are more likely to impress women.
You can start off by sending her a gif or a meme. If you get a reaction, well done! The next step is to try and start a conversation.
- Here are some witty text messages you can choose from.
- Let’s switch roles. You’re me, I’m you. What would you do to make me say ‘yes’ to a date?
- Would you eat a baby goat or a matter baby?
What’s a matter baby?
Nothing sugar, what about you?
- Do you know how much penguins weigh? Enough to break the ice. Hello!
- Are you Muhammad Ali? ‘Cause you knock me out.
- You know, if I got a nickel for every time I saw a girl as pretty as you, I’d have 5 cents.
- What would you call the Twitter bird if it fell in love with someone? Tweet-hearts!
- Guess what I am wearing? The smile you gave me.
- If you were a vegetable, you know what you'd be? A cute-cumber.
- Why shouldn’t you fall in love with a pastry chef? He’ll dessert you!
- You are so beautiful you made me forget my pickup line.
- Guess what I am wearing? The smile you gave me.
- When God made you, he was showing off.
- It looks like you dropped something My jaw!
- I am not a professional photographer, but I can picture us together.
- Do you have a sunburn, or are you always this hot?
- I sure hope you know CPR because you make my heart skip a beat.
- If you were a song, you’d be the hottest single on Spotify.
- Is this seat taken, or do you mind if I Slytherin?
Funny Things to Say to a Girl Over Text
If you're not into dating apps, don't worry. You can still meet a nice girl through a social media platform like Instagram or Facebook, or even in your workplace. In fact, meeting someone in person might be better than meeting her online, because then you can ask for her number and be totally justified when you send her a DM or a text message.
Below are more jokes and witty lines you can use if you're feeling stumped about what to say first.
- So, what’s your astrology sign? I’m a textbook Libra.
- I want to be the reason you look at your phone, smile, and then walk into a pole.
- Love is when I walk to the other side of the classroom to sharpen my pencil so I can see you. Only to realize I am holding a pen.
- Talking to you is the favorite part of my day.
- I'd love to see you only on days that end with y.
- What happens when you fall in love with a chef? You get buttered up.
- What did the astronaut's girlfriend say to him when he proposed in outer space? "I can't breathe!"
- They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but when I look at yours, I'm speechless!
- What does the ghost call his true love? My ghoul-friend.
- What did the guy with the broken leg say to his nurse? "I've got a crutch on you."
- My friends call me Microsoft. Can I crash at your place tonight?
- I may annoy you, and you might want to kill me. I permit you but on one condition—don't shoot me in the heart because that's where you are!
- What did one boat say to the other? Are you up for a little row-mance?
- By the way, don’t be alarmed if a fat man in a red suit places you in a bag late at night. He’s just fulfilling my Christmas wish.
- Why do painters always fall for their models? Because they love them with all of their art.
- Do you want to hear a joke about a construction site? Never mind, I'm still working on it!
- Would you rather… get your foot stuck in a bear trap or hang out with me this weekend?
- Why did the teddy bear say no to dessert? Because she was stuffed.
- What do runners eat before a race? Nothing, they fast!
Well, there you have it! I hope you've picked up some valuable tips and pick-up lines to get her attention.
Remember, humor can be a powerful tool to catch someone's interest. A well-timed, witty text can make you stand out from the crowd and pique her curiosity. But it's important to strike the right balance. You want to be funny and lighthearted without appearing cheesy or trying too hard.
Just be yourself. Authenticity is key. Let your natural humor shine through in your texts. Don't try to be someone you're not just to impress her. The goal is to establish a genuine connection, so start by being true to yourself. The rest will follow!
Frequently Asked Questions about Funny Texts to Get Her Attention
What should I text a girl to get her attention?
If you’re just getting to know her, one of the best ways to text a girl to get her attention is through humor. Send her a funny joke or an absurd question—anything that will make her think and wonder. Try to avoid anything too risqué or flirtatious, though! A bit of clean, fun humor to start always works.
How do you make a girl smile over text?
By sending a funny text—whether in the form of a meme, a gif, or a silly question—you can easily make her break into a smile and respond to you.
How can I impress a girl with words?
It doesn’t take that much to impress a girl. One thing women always look for in men is emotional intelligence, and the best way to display this is through a bit of humor that you think she’ll like. Check out our list of funny texts to get her attention to pick out one that will impress her.
How can I grab a girl’s attention over text?
When you’re texting a girl you don’t know that well yet, you can always rely on a bit of humor. Funny text messages that transition into a full conversation will always work. By making her laugh and keeping her interested in the conversation, you can guarantee that her attention will be on you.