Valentine's Day is just around the corner and you still haven't found anything to do for that special woman in your life. The date is coming up, but you’re out of ideas. Time for us to help you out by giving you the ultimate list of the most romantic things to do on Valentine’s Day.
No more cliche dates that you’ve done over and over. No more needing to line up for hours at a trendy new restaurant in town. No more disappointment on that one special day when you can go all-out. Here’s what you can do to make this year’s Valentine’s Day special.
Write a love note from the heart
Most men hate to show their emotions so this will be a stunning way to show your partner how much you love and appreciate them. Love notes make for a powerful way to let your girl know how much you love and appreciate her.
Yeah, it seems cheesy. But trust me; nothing will make her fall more in love with you than a written letter that she can read over and over whenever she misses you.
Whether you're a photographer or not, a photo is worth 1000 words. Take several photos of her – no matter what she’s wearing or how quirky she looks, and have fun together.
The term “point and shoot” is frequently used to refer to a camera that doesn't require the photographer to adjust any of its settings manually. Point-and-shoot cameras are so named because the photographer points the camera at the subject and then shoots it ("pushes the button.)
Remember when Monica got mad at Chandler for not making her a personal mix tape? That's because women find homemade gifts so romantic. She'll know that you put thought into it and that you care enough to make her something special. It also shows that you're willing to go above and beyond for her, even if it takes time, effort, and money. Effort goes a long way when you want to do a romantic thing for Valentine’s day.
This can be anything from making a scrapbook of your relationship to 3D-printing something she likes or creating a playlist of her favorite song (you can sing one of them too).
Make a romantic home-cooked meal
Women appreciate the effort that goes into preparing a meal, especially if you take care of all the details and execute it flawlessly. Now imagine the look on her face when she wakes up in the morning with breakfast delivered to her bed or when she walks in the door and smells something delicious cooking in the kitchen... she'll know how much you were thinking about her.
Take your Valentine ballroom dancing
Dancing is intimate, sensual and relaxing. You're close together, touching each other and looking into each other's eyes. It's a great way to get physical with your lady without getting too physical!
With dancing, you can express your love by letting her know how you feel through your body language, and - if both of you are good at it - it can add a little naughtiness to your night.
Make a playlist of songs that remind you of her
If you need help finding the perfect gift for your girlfriend, look no further. A playlist of songs that remind you of her is a thoughtful and meaningful way to show her how much she means to you. You can play this in the car while heading to your date destination. This can even be part one of the many romantic things you can do for Valentine’s Day.
Go through your iTunes or Spotify account and pick out some of the best songs that remind you of your girlfriend. Don't forget to include a few romantic love songs as well as some upbeat pop songs and throwback jams then send it over to her via text or email so she can enjoy it too.
Buy her favorite book and write inside the front cover why you bought it for her
Is she a reader? If yes, then get her a vintage copy of her favorite book then write her a short note inside it.
Something like this…
“Hope this shows you how much I appreciate everything that you do for me.
Love always, (your name)”
Give her a long, naughty massage with scented oils
(And, if you can, do it in front of the fire)
A Valentine's Day massage can be a great way to show your wife that you think she is beautiful and worthy of your love. The key to giving her a great massage is being able to focus on what she wants and needs instead of what you want or need out of the experience. You can give her a back rub or foot rub as well as a full-body massage, but whatever you choose, do it with love.
Make reservations at her favorite restaurant
It’s a long shot, especially if you’re making reservations on the day itself. But if she loves to dine out, then you should definitely consider making reservations at her favorite restaurant for Valentine's Day.
Here are some tips that will help you choose the right restaurant:
- Make sure that she loves dining out at that particular restaurant before making a reservation.
- Check their menu online before confirming your reservation so that you know what kind of food they serve there and whether or not they have something special planned for Valentine's Day. Also make sure that they have the kind of ambiance that you want to create for this special occasion with your loved one.
- If possible, go there before making any reservations so that you know what kind of seating arrangements they offer and get an idea about how large or small it is inside. A table with a view will make you look good compared to a small one at the corner.
Set the mood with a romantic fire
If you have enough money, why not install a new, cozy fireplace?
A fireplace will turn any room into the perfect spot for romance. On the financial side, adding a fireplace in your bedroom can greatly improve your home's resale value, and on the fun side, there’s nothing more romantic than kissing by the fire and basking in the glow of your sweetheart.
Go on a day trip to a nearby town
On Valentine's Day, people usually spend time in the city where they live. But there are many reasons why it's better to go to a nearby town instead of staying at home. One of them is that cities get crowded on such days, so traveling becomes harder. There will be more traffic jams, which also means you'll have to spend more time in the car. And if you're planning on going out for dinner, then getting reservations will be almost impossible because everyone else is doing the same thing!
Also, you’ll probably get more for your money in the town. For example, a hotel room in San Francisco costs about $300 on average, while in Oakland it's about $100 less -- and still close enough to enjoy the city's attractions without having to pay for parking or transportation.
Say "I love you" with a love song
There are plenty of ways to express your love for your partner. But if you really want to make an impression, here's one that doesn't take much effort but will definitely get the message across: Play a song!
Music is a universal language that can speak directly to the heart. And when you're in a relationship, it can be one of the most romantic ways to show someone how you feel about them.
It takes some guts for sure, but it’s worth it… And, in case you don’t know which song to sing, here are some songs that will help get your point across in no uncertain terms:
- "Always" by Bon Jovi
- ”All of Me" by John Legend
- "You're Still the One" by Shania Twain
- "Something" by The Beatles
- "My Funny Valentine" by Frank Sinatra
- "Valentine's Day" by Steve Earle
- "Be Mine" by R.E.M.
And, if you want to make it real fun, try
- "Fairytale of New York" by The Pogues
Say "I love you" in 10 different romantic languages
Saying “I love you” is easy, but did you try saying it in 10 languages?
Here are 10 ways you can tell your girl “I love you”:
- French: Je t'aime
- Italian: Ti amo
- Spanish: Te amo
- German: Ich liebe dich
- Japanese: Aish-te-mas
- Russian: Ya-lyublyu-tebya
- Arabic: Ana behibek or Ana Uhibuk
- Hebrew: Ani ohevet otcha
- Greek: S'a - ga – po
- Korean: Salan-ghae-yo
Make an entire dinner of aphrodisiacs
if you're looking for a romantic meal that will take her breath away, consider making her a meal of aphrodisiacs. These foods are believed to increase sexual desire and fertility in both men and women by increasing levels of testosterone or estrogen in the body — both hormones linked to sexual desire in men and women alike..
The word comes from Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love and beauty and – according to several studies – aphrodisiacs can indeed boost your bedroom performance especially on an important day like Valentine’s.
Here are some of the most popular aphrodisiac foods:
- Dark chocolate – It contains L-arginine which increases nitric oxide, which essentially promotes blood flow and increases libido.
- Oysters – They’re often considered to be a natural aphrodisiac due to their high zinc content. This gives them their characteristic taste and smell, which is often described as briny or metallic. Zinc plays an important role in testosterone production, which means that eating oysters can help boost your sex drive. In addition, zinc has been shown to improve sperm count and motility (the ability of sperm to move).
- Maca – It’s a plant that grows in the Andes Mountains of Peru. It has been used by the Incas for many centuries as an aphrodisiac and to treat sexual dysfunction and some even call it the "Peruvian Viagra". There are many benefits of maca as an aphrodisiac for men, including increased stamina and libido. It also contains essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals that help to improve overall health and well-being.
- Honey - It increases energy levels and stamina and helps to maintain good blood circulation, which is essential for a healthy sex drive. Honey also contains antioxidants that improve sexual performance by protecting against free-radical damage in the body, while also increasing blood flow to the penis by dilating blood vessels and reducing inflammation in the genital area.
Recreate your most memorable date together
Remember that fun first date you had? Why don’t you recreate it this Valentine's? Here are some reasons why you should try it:
- It's fun and different!
- It brings back memories of how things were in the beginning when you were dating. Before kids, before marriage, before all the bills piled up — when life was simple and fun!
- You'll get to know each other better than ever before! When we were dating, you'd talked about everything because there was nothing else going on in our lives except each other! Now that you're married with kids and careers, you don't talk as much anymore (or at least not as much about personal stuff). This date gives you an opportunity to reconnect in an intimate way without distractions or interruptions from others (and without having to worry about babysitters!).
Buy her lingerie (both naughty and comfortable)
Getting her lingerie on Valentine's Day tells her how much you appreciate all the time she puts into improving her appearance. This can be especially important if you have children or are busy with work during the day.
It's not easy for a woman to find time for herself when she has so many responsibilities, so if you can get her something nice (and maybe, slutty) you save her time AND also makes her feel desirable. Otherwise, you wouldn't have picked that piece of sexy underwear if you didn't believe she could fit in it, would you?
Write down 10 reasons why you love her and put it under her pillow so they can read it before going to sleep
This one is really simple, but it will make the day special for both of you. If you’re out of budget or time (or both) then you can write down 10 reasons why you love her, or even more reasons if possible on a piece of paper and stack it under her pillow or in a place nobody but her can find. And, if you want to add an artistic side to it, you can also add some cute drawings and other things that will make her feel special.
Jewelry…..Women can’t resist that
Jewelry is the go-to Valentine’s Day gift when you have some cash to spend and no idea in mind. It’s no secret that women do love jewelry.
They love it for the way it makes them feel, the way it looks and for its value. Some women even love jewelry so much they don't even have to wear it in order to enjoy it. So, why not get her something nice – preferably custom-made – it can make for an amazing Valentine’s present.
Get two tickets to a concert or a comedy show
That was my Valentine’s Day plan last year. And she loved it.
Shout your love for her over the loud noises around you
Men are known to be insecure about public declarations of love. So why not step up and tell the whole world how much you love her???
- Plan a picnic together
- Watch a romantic movie
- Visit her favorite place in the world and make memories together that will stick with you forever, like on top of a mountain or under the stars
- Give flowers from your garden, plus some extras from the store (like a balloon)
- Make or buy a romantic dessert for two
- Spend time with her family and friends
- Buy handmade chocolates from a local shop
- Plan a scavenger hunt
- Give a gift for every year you've been together
- Plan a special anniversary trip to an enchanting destination
- Create custom stationary with your spouse's name and address
- Get creative with an annual love poem
- Hit the arcade
- Or waste a couple of hours playing a game together on your phone (PlayStation or Xbox)
- Greet her at the door wearing nothing but a bow and arrow
- Put together a gift basket of all her favorite foods with a special note attached
- Put together a photo album or frame photos of you and your sweetie doing fun things over the years
- Get her a day at the spa
- Take her to the mountains and camp there
- Rent a cabin outside the city
- Pick up household cleaning supplies in her favorite scent
- Turn the bathroom into a romantic bath retreat
- Put a note in her lunch box
- Spend the day doing all of her favorite things without expecting anything in return
- Buy her a teddy bear (or a puppy)
- Go down memory lane
- Push an item off your to-do list that she has been waiting for you to do (like get the dogs groomed)
- Do all of the dishes left on the kitchen counter
- Bring home a treat from the bakery
- Rent a fancy hotel room for the night
Finally, the best thing to do for Valentine’s Day is…
The best and most romantic thing you can do for Valentine's Day is to give her your full attention. If you're going to be spending the day together at home, make sure there are no distractions — turn off your phone and put the television on mute (or better yet, unplug it). And remember; it doesn't matter what you do or buy for her. The most important thing on Valentine's Day is to do something that makes you feel like you're spending the day with your partner.