Look, we’re gonna level with you. Finding the best dating apps in Memphis is tough. You’ve got this city full of beautiful people, great music and a fantastic nightlife scene. While the pandemic may have impacted the way we interact and meet people, dating apps remained consistent. You’re sure to find loads of singles on every app imaginable, so how do you know which one is right for you?
Well, we’ve done the research, it’s our job (literally) - so don’t worry about putting in the man-hours. Our team has tested over 100 different apps so we can recommend which ones will get you that date faster than any others. From Pinch District to South Forum, Speedway to Linden, our data shows that these apps are the ones worth trying.
So if you’re done scrolling through an endless list of the so-called best Memphis dating apps and sites to download, let us give you the ultimate selection!
#1 - Tantan (Android; iOS) is one of the best dating apps in Memphis
Tantan is a Chinese-developed dating app that’s becoming increasingly more popular in Memphis and across the United States. It’s a mix between a dating app and social media platform as users can swipe to find matches and curate a profile by adding pictures or videos and posting regular status updates.
You can also play games with your matches which is a great way to get to know someone in a low-pressure environment. There are 60,000 members on Tantan from the US and that number is consistently growing, so why not be one of them?
Why TanTan is great:
- Plenty of features that make dating more fun, like games and quizzes
- Users can’t take a screenshot of profiles, providing a safe dating app experience
- Use Tantan for free with the option to buy additional features
Why it’s not the absolute best:
- There’s no desktop version available
- Registration is free and easy, so there are a lot of fake profiles
#2 - eHarmony (Android; iOS) can't be beaten for long-term relationships
eHarmony is extremely popular here and has an amazing track record of helping Memphis locals find long-term partners by using matching algorithms. This app does the best job of matching you up with compatible potential mates that we've seen.
You don't have to scroll for hours. The app does all of the tough work for you. Of course, you might not make a perfect connection outside of the algorithms. Usually, it works like magic. The toughest part is answering all of the questions. It's important because this is how they match you with other single people. You can build chemistry before you even meet.
If you're serious about finding long-term partners this is the site for you.
Why eHarmony is one of the best dating sites in Memphis:
- The best success rate out there for long-term relationships
- 70% of users find their future spouse within a year
- Makes it pretty easy to form connections
What we don’t like about it:
- It definately takes more time than most to get started
- Not super popular with those 18-22
#3 - Raya (iOS) is the best Memphis dating app for the Insta-famous
Raya works both as a dating and a networking app. But unlike others like it, it focuses on one thing: helping the rich and famous meet other rich and famous singles. Simply put, Raya is an exclusive app that only approves users with over 5000 followers on Instagram. If you get in, great! You’re in for a ride because you can meet so many affluent singles and you’ll know for sure that each profile is legit.
Why it’s awesome:
- It’s great for dating and professional advancement
- One of the best dating apps in Memphis for elites
- You’re not bombarded with potential matches all day
- Nearly zero risk of meeting catfish
Why it’s not our favorite:
- If you don’t have an absurd amount of followers, look away
- You have to pay a recurring membership no matter what upon approval
#4 - AFF is the easiest way to find a fling
AFF should be your first choice when you're not looking for a relationship but still want some fun in the bedroom. We've tried a lot of different apps for this (most are awful) and only a couple have proven to work over and over. Tinder is great if you're under 25 but once you get beyond that AFF has shown the best results out of any dating site in Memphis we've tried, especially for guys.
One of the things we've really liked about this app is that they do a really good job of helping you find EXACTLY what you're looking for. Everyone on this site is looking for the same thing so you can save a LOT of time that you would waste on other sites. If you're 25+ and want to take someone home this is your app.
Why you should try AFF:
- They have a massive number of users on their app (over 50 million)
- We’ve seen guys have the best success using it, especially those who aren’t super good looking and didn’t do well on Tinder
- It’s very straightforward and easy to use
What we don’t like about it:
- Many users can only access via web app
- The app is a little dated and not as polished as some others
- Sometimes people are a little TOO upfront with what they want
#5 - Hinge (Android; iOS) is like social media exclusively for singles
Hinge is like a cross between Facebook and Tinder. It’s like Facebook because you can interact with anyone on the site. You can even like parts of their profile, their photos and even their answers to prompts. But what makes it such an effective way for meeting singles is that everyone on Hinge is single and looking for someone special. So try out those filters, leave likes and comment on some cutie’s profile to see why it’s one of the best dating apps in Memphis. Who knows, you might end up deleting Hinge sooner than you expected!
Why Hinge is one of the best Memphis dating apps we’ve tried:
- We can filter our results to fit our ideal person exactly
- You don’t need to match to say hi
- It’s more interactive than other dating apps
Why it’s not the absolute best:
- The free version limits out at 10 likes per/day
- It’s harder to find a fling – if that’s what you’re looking for
- You really need to interact with people, not just swipe
#6 - Zoosk (Android; iOS) is one of the best dating apps in Memphis
Zoosk is the perfect app for younger singles looking for a real relationship. Although Tinder is one of the most popular dating apps among young people, it has a reputation as the place to find a hookup. As this doesn’t appeal to all young singles, Zoosk may be a better option.
With over 35 million users and 3 million messages sent a day, the odds are high that you’ll find your match. You won’t even need to spend a lot of time on the app as Zoosk sends you curated matches.
Why Zoosk is one of the best Memphis dating apps:
- Large dating pool of young singles
- Good balance between men and women
- Access Zoosk using their app or desktop site
Why Zoosk isn’t that amazing in Memphis:
- Zoosk may not recommend matches you’re similar to
- You have to pay to send messages
#7 - Match (Android; iOS) is one of the best dating sites in Memphis for everyone
Match remains one of the best Memphis dating sites out there. On this app, you can easily filter out singles based on your preferences, match up with the ones you’re into and just start talking. It also helps that you can just talk on the app and not exchange contact info just yet. Match has so many users that you won’t run out of people to meet!
Why we love it:
- It’s one of the best dating sites in Memphis because it’s so well-known
- You can look up users based on hobbies, looks, etcetera.
- You do the pairing
Why it’s just okay:
- It has a very short questionnaire, so profiles can be a little vague
- There are SO MANY options – Match has to learn (through you using the app) who you most commonly like, then you’ll start getting better matches; in the beginning, it’s kind of all over the place
#8 - Bumble (Android; iOS) keeps its female users happy
Bumble’s feminist approach to dating doesn’t just benefit the women but the men as well. Like any other app of its kind, you swipe through profiles until you see someone you like. Once you hit “like” on each other, you can chat. But there’s a catch: the women must message you first.
What this does is that it keeps women from getting bombarded with messages. And second, it gives them a sense of control. They get to message whoever they like at their own pace and that, ultimately, keeps them on the app!
Why Bumble is one of the best dating apps in Memphis:
- Women make the first move, preventing uncomfortable connections (and ghosting)
- It’s a 3 in 1. You can start the day furthering your career, spend the evening making friends, and spend the night in bed – if y’know what I mean.
- Sign-up is a breeze, and there’s a free version.
Why it’s meh:
- Some women are pretty shy about making the first move
- It’s more for flings than relationships
#9 - Dig Dates (Android; iOS) is one of the best dating apps in Memphis for dog lovers
The group Dig Dates fits into is very specific - but that’s not a bad thing. If you absolutely adore your pup, and it’s essential your S.O. does too, this is the app for you. Imagine everything is perfect, the date has been going amazing, then he/she says “I hate dogs”. Bam, just like that, it all goes down the drain.
You make a profile about you and your dog, you describe your dog and you post photos with your dog. If none of your friends make for good wingmen, then your pet might just do the trick!
Why Dig Dates is awesome:
- You get to meet incredible people who also love dogs
- You can find awesome dog events and pet-friendly places directly within the app
Why it’s not the absolute best:
- If you don’t like dogs, this is not a place for you
- A much lighter atmosphere, which can remove some of the exciting “tension” between you and your match
The Best Dating Sites in Memphis for Long-Term Relationships
Although we’ve given you a great list of dating apps in Memphis, we want to focus on some specific recommendations based on what you’re looking for in a partner. Here are some of the best options for people looking for a real, long-term connection:
eHarmony is the best place to find a relationship
eHarmony is the app that’s worth mentioning twice. It’s been around since 2000 and is still helping people find love every day. Thanks to the rigorous sign-up process, eHarmony is frequently voted the number one trusted dating app, so you can search for love in a safe space.
One of the main reasons eHarmony is so successful is the compatibility quiz you take when you sign up. It asks you questions about your interests, personality, and preferences so they can match you with someone you’re actually compatible with. If you’re tired of endless swiping and want to settle down with a partner instead, eHarmony is the best option.
Christian Mingle can help you find a religious sweetheart
Christian Mingle is the perfect app for Christian singles looking to settle down. It takes away any awkwardness that can occur when someone mentions religion as everyone on the app is Christian. As it’s a religious dating app, most users are looking for love, so you don’t need to worry about scaring anyone away with your desire for commitment. Although it’s a niche app, there are still 15 million users on it so you won’t be at a loss for matches.
The Best Hookup Sites in Memphis
If a long-term relationship isn’t what you’re looking for, there are plenty of other apps you can try. Here are some of the best Memphis hookup sites and apps:
Adult Friend Finder (AFF) is one of the best casual dating sites in Memphis
AFF is one of the most reliable sites for finding casual flings in Memphis so we had to recommend it again. The site is known for hookups, so everyone on it is looking for the same thing. There are a lot of older users aged 25+ on the site, making it a better alternative to apps like Tinder that have a young userbase.
Although it’s a paid site, consider it an investment into your future. You can even try it for free to make sure it has features you’re interested in. With over 50 million users and the ability to narrow your search down to people in your area, you’re sure to find a fun hookup on AFF.
Happn helps you meet people in your area looking to hook up
As far as free dating apps go, Happn is one of our favorites for helping you find hookups. The premise is that when you have the app on your phone, Happn keeps track of other users within your immediate area. Maybe you frequent the same coffee shop or ride the same train to work. Happn then suggests you as a match and you can take it from there. The only downside, however, is that it's ideal for singles who are out and about. If you don't go out as much, you'll likely have very few matches.
The Best Free Dating Sites in Memphis
People new to online dating often struggle to choose between paid or free dating sites. Some people are hesitant to pay for a dating membership if they aren’t certain it’s going to work, but we think it’s a good investment. The saying, “You get what you pay for,” definitely applies here as you can typically get better results from paid sites than free ones.
Paid sites attract people who are serious about online dating, so there’s less chance of you being ghosted or stood up on your first date. If you want to test the waters, using a free site can be a good option, but don’t expect too much out of the experience.
If you’re not ready to commit to a paid dating site or app yet, try out one of the three best dating sites in Memphis:
Using Tinder in Memphis
Tinder is one of the most well-known dating apps in the world, and for good reason. It’s extremely easy to use as all you need to do is look at a few pictures, read a short bio, and decide whether you want to “like” the person by swiping right or move onto the next profile by swiping left.
There’s a good mix of users looking for casual flings and long-term relationships, so you can find whatever you’re looking for on Tinder in Memphis. The biggest downfall is that there are more men than women on Tinder, so average-looking guys may have a hard time finding matches. It’s free to use, so there’s no harm in testing your luck on it.