Look, we’re gonna level with you. Finding the best dating apps in Memphis is tough. You’ve got this city full of beautiful people, great music and a fantastic nightlife scene. There are sure to be lots of singles on every app imaginable, so how do you know which one is right for you?
Well, we’ve done the research, it’s our job (literally) - so don’t worry about putting in the man-hours. Our team has tested over 100 different apps so we can recommend which ones will get you that date faster than any others. From Pinch District to South Forum, Speedway to Linden, our data shows that these apps are the ones worth trying.
So if you’re done scrolling through an endless list of the so-called best Memphis dating apps and sites to download, let us give you the ultimate selection!
#1 - Dig Dates (Android; iOS) is one of the best dating apps in Memphis for dog lovers
The group Dig Dates fits into is very specific - but that’s not a bad thing. If you absolutely adore your pup, and it’s essential your S.O. does too, this is the app for you. Imagine everything is perfect, the date has been going amazing, then he/she says “I hate dogs”. Bam, just like that, it all goes down the drain.
You make a profile about you and your dog, you describe your dog and you post photos with your dog. If none of your friends make for good wingmen, then your pet might just do the trick!
Why Dig Dates is awesome
- You get to meet incredible people who also love dogs
- You can find awesome dog events and pet-friendly places directly within the app
Why it’s not the absolute best
- If you don’t like dogs, this is not a place for you
- A much lighter atmosphere, which can remove some of the exciting “tension” between you and your match
#2 - eHarmony (Android; iOS) can't be beaten for long-term relationships
eHarmony is extremely popular here and has an amazing track record of helping Memphis locals find long-term partners by using matching algorithms. This app does the best job of matching you up with compatible potential mates that we've seen.
You don't have to scroll for hours. The app does all of the tough work for you. Of course, you might not make a perfect connection outside of the algorithms. Usually, it works like magic. The toughest part is answering all of the questions. It's important because this is how they match you with other single people. You can build chemistry before you even meet.
If you're serious about finding long-term partners this is the site for you.
Why eHarmony is one of the best dating sites in Memphis
- The best success rate out there for long-term relationships
- 70% of users find their future spouse within a year
- Makes it pretty easy to form connections
What we don’t like about it
- It definately takes more time than most to get started
- Not super popular with those 18-22
#3 - Raya (iOS) is the best Memphis dating app for the Insta-famous
Raya works both as a dating and a networking app. But unlike others like it, it focuses on one thing: helping the rich and famous meet other rich and famous singles. Simply put, Raya is an exclusive app that only approves users with over 5000 followers on Instagram. If you get in, great! You’re in for a ride because you can meet so many affluent singles and you’ll know for sure that each profile is legit.
Why it’s awesome
- It’s great for dating and professional advancement
- One of the best dating apps in Memphis for elites
- You’re not bombarded with potential matches all day
- Nearly zero risk of meeting catfish
Why it’s not our favorite
- If you don’t have an absurd amount of followers, look away
- You have to pay a recurring membership no matter what upon approval
#4 - AFF is the easiest way to find a fling
AFF should be your first choice when you're not looking for a relationship but still want some fun in the bedroom. We've tried a lot of different apps for this (most are awful) and only a couple have proven to work over and over. Tinder is great if you're under 25 but once you get beyond that AFF has shown the best results out of any dating site in Memphis we've tried, especially for guys.
One of the things we've really liked about this app is that they do a really good job of helping you find EXACTLY what you're looking for. Everyone on this site is looking for the same thing so you can save a LOT of time that you would waste on other sites. If you're 25+ and want to take someone home this is your app.
Why you should try AFF
- They have a massive number of users on their app (over 50 million)
- We’ve seen guys have the best success using it, especially those who aren’t super good looking and didn’t do well on Tinder
- It’s very straightforward and easy to use
What we don’t like about it
- Many users can only access via web app
- The app is a little dated and not as polished as some others
- Sometimes people are a little TOO upfront with what they want
#5 - Hinge (Android; iOS) is like social media exclusively for singles
Hinge is like a cross between Facebook and Tinder. It’s like Facebook because you can interact with anyone on the site. You can even like parts of their profile, their photos and even their answers to prompts. But what makes it such an effective way for meeting singles is that everyone on Hinge is single and looking for someone special. So try out those filters, leave likes and comment on some cutie’s profile to see why it’s one of the best dating apps in Memphis. Who knows, you might end up deleting Hinge sooner than you expected!
Why Hinge is one of the best Memphis dating apps we’ve tried
- We can filter our results to fit our ideal person exactly
- You don’t need to match to say hi
- It’s more interactive than other dating apps
Why it’s not the absolute best
- The free version limits out at 10 likes per/day
- It’s harder to find a fling – if that’s what you’re looking for
- You really need to interact with people, not just swipe
#7 - Match (Android; iOS) is one of the best dating sites in Memphis for everyone
Match remains one of the best Memphis dating sites out there. On this app, you can easily filter out singles based on your preferences, match up with the ones you’re into and just start talking. It also helps that you can just talk on the app and not exchange contact info just yet. Match has so many users that you won’t run out of people to meet!
Why we love it
- It’s one of the best dating sites in Memphis because it’s so well-known
- You can look up users based on hobbies, looks, etcetera.
- You do the pairing
Why it’s just okay
- It has a very short questionnaire, so profiles can be a little vague
- There are SO MANY options – Match has to learn (through you using the app) who you most commonly like, then you’ll start getting better matches; in the beginning, it’s kind of all over the place
#8 - Bumble (Android; iOS) keeps its female users happy
Bumble’s feminist approach to dating doesn’t just benefit the women but the men as well. Like any other app of its kind, you swipe through profiles until you see someone you like. Once you hit “like” on each other, you can chat. But there’s a catch: the women must message you first.
What this does is that it keeps women from getting bombarded with messages. And second, it gives them a sense of control. They get to message whoever they like at their own pace and that, ultimately, keeps them on the app!
Why Bumble is one of the best dating apps in Memphis
- Women make the first move, preventing uncomfortable connections (and ghosting)
- It’s a 3 in 1. You can start the day furthering your career, spend the evening making friends, and spend the night in bed – if y’know what I mean.
- Sign-up is a breeze, and there’s a free version.
Why it’s meh
- Some women are pretty shy about making the first move
- It’s more for flings than relationships
If you are looking for more great guides to finding the right dating apps check these out: