Portland is a city that never gets bored, especially when it comes to dating. You can meet so many singles just by going to some popular bars and clubs. But are those the only options? Definitely not. Some singles prefer the convenience of dating apps. So if you have yet to meet someone who's right for you, it's time to use one (or several) of the best dating apps in Portland!
We’ve done the research that others haven’t. This isn’t just some anecdotal evidence - we’ve crunched the numbers. It’s important to pick the right apps specifically for Portland (and not any other city in Oregon) since usage is vastly different depending on where you live. So whether you live in Multnomah, Argay or even Richmond, these apps will help you find someone!
Here are our picks for the top 9 dating apps and sites in Portland.
#1 - Curtn (iOS) is one of the best dating apps in Portland for videogenic people
Curtn is one of the best Portland dating apps because it revolves around creating your profile with video-based content instead of solely photos. Curtn offers video prompts for you to answer so you won’t have an issue figuring out what to say. They also allow you to post photos, create a bio, and all that good stuff. It helps keep catfish at bay while also giving you a unique online dating experience. Sounds fun!
Why Curtn is one of the best dating apps in Portland
- Profiles are video-based
- It has a great rating of 4.5/5
- You can get super creative with what videos you post
Why Curtn isn’t the best
- It’s not available on Android (yet).
- If you don’t like seeing yourself on video, this app probably isn’t for you.
#2 - eHarmony (Android; iOS) is one of the best dating sites in Portland for long-term relationships
eHarmony is extremely popular here and has an amazing track record of helping Portland locals find long-term partners by using matching algorithms. This app does the best job of matching you up with compatible potential mates that we've seen.
You don't have to scroll for hours. The app does all of the tough work for you. Of course, you might not make a perfect connection outside of the algorithms. Usually, it works like magic. The toughest part is answering all of the questions. It's important because this is how they match you with other single people. You can build chemistry before you even meet.
If you're serious about finding long-term partners this is the site for you.
Why eHarmony is one of the best dating sites in Portland
- The best success rate out there for long-term relationships
- 70% of users find their future spouse within a year
- Makes it pretty easy to form connections
What we don’t like about it
- It definately takes more time than most to get started
- Not super popular with those 18-22
#3- heybaby (iOS) is the dating app designed for parents
Heybaby is a dating app specifically designed to help single parents find partners. It’s also for singles who want to have kids in the near future. It takes away that awkward conversation where you mention that you have a kid and then your match ghosts you. Heybaby is where single parents understand each others’ dating struggles, which makes it one of the best dating apps in Portland!
Why heybaby is a great dating app
- It’s specifically for parents or those who want kids
- The user-base is quickly growing
- It has a pretty high rating on the app store
Why heybaby isn’t that great of a dating app
- The user-base tends to be older
- It’s still relatively new
#4 - AFF is the easiest way to find a fling
AFF should be your first choice when you're not looking for a relationship but still want some fun in the bedroom. We've tried a lot of different apps for this (most are awful) and only a couple have proven to work over and over. Tinder is great if you're under 25 but once you get beyond that AFF has shown the best results out of any dating site in Portland we've tried, especially for guys.
One of the things we've really liked about this app is that they do a really good job of helping you find EXACTLY what you're looking for. Everyone on this site is looking for the same thing so you can save a LOT of time that you would waste on other sites. If you're 25+ and want to take someone home this is your app.
Why you should try AFF
- They have a massive number of users on their app (over 50 million)
- We’ve seen guys have the best success using it, especially those who aren’t super good looking and didn’t do well on Tinder
- It’s very straightforward and easy to use
What we don’t like about it
- Many users can only access via web app
- The app is a little dated and not as polished as some others
- Sometimes people are a little TOO upfront with what they want
#5 - Tinder (Android; iOS) is the most well-known dating app
Tinder is by far the most used and most understood dating app out there because it’s fun. It’s so fun that it can become addictive - seriously. The majority of users aren’t looking for anything serious, but that’s also part of the appeal of the app. With a young, restless crowd of singles, a date (or something more casual) might literally be on your fingertips.
What makes Tinder great
- It has an enormous user base
- Their app is extremely user-friendly
- You consistently see matches that work for you.
What we didn't like
- It’s for more casual dating
- There can be the occasional fake account
#6 - OkCupid (Android; iOS) keeps up with the times
OkCupid was originally founded in 2004 by four friends from Harvard. Unlike many sites its age, it has evolved with the times. The apps are very popular as well - and they look good. Being around for so long has its advantages - they really know what does and doesn’t work. That’s why they make sure to ask questions that only get you the absolute best matches.
Why OkCupid is one of the best Portland dating apps
- Over 91 million matches are made every year
- Over 50K dates are made every week
- They’ve been around for a long time and know what works
Why OkCupid isn’t our favorite
- The userbase tends to be a bit older
- It only has a rating of 3.4 (on Android)
#7 - EliteSingles (Android; iOS) is one of the top options for single professionals
EliteSingles was specifically designed to help match single professionals. When your career is your main objective, it can be hard to find someone who understands how much your career means to you. So EliteSingles helps you find driven professionals who also know what it’s like to balance work and play. On top of that, most of the users you’ll meet here are well educated, too!
Why EliteSingles is awesome
- It remains one of the best dating sites in Portland for career-minded singles
- It has 173 000 new members each month
- 85% of users have an above-average education
Why EliteSingles is just okay
- The apps aren’t great
- Some features are behind a paywall
#8 - BlackPeopleMeet (Android; iOS) is full of Black singles looking for flings or serious relationships
BlackPeopleMeet is the answer to so many dating apps that aren’t doing Black singles any favors. The app (which also has a pretty good site) helps you connect with Black singles in your area. This can help you meet someone who’s compatible with you in terms of preferences as well as culture. So if you’re seeing a shortage of Black singles on other apps, you might meet them here!
What makes BlackPeopleMeet great
- It’s one of the best dating apps in Portland specifically for Black singles
- The site works great
- It has a decent userbase in Portland
What makes BlackPeopleMeet just okay
- The apps aren’t great
- The login system can be frustrating
#9 - Hinge (Android; iOS) one of the best Portland dating apps for younger people
Hinge is a great app that has a great motto: “the app that’s made to be deleted.” That’s because they’re so confident that you’ll find someone on Hinge that will make you want to do away with dating apps forever. Add to that a fun user-centric experience (a mix of swiping and interacting) and you’ve got one of the most popular apps for younger singles in Portland!
What makes Hinge great
- They have a research division dedicated to figuring out what makes great matches
- The app is designed very well
- Their user-base is composed mainly of younger people who want something real
What we don't like
- The app has a rating of 3.5 (on Android).
- The “discover” feed doesn’t always work well
If you are looking for more great guides to finding the right dating apps check these out: