These days, it seems like there are more dating sites and apps out there than dates themselves! It can be daunting to figure out which are the best dating apps in Pittsburgh. Fortunately, our dating experts have done the heavy lifting for you!
After trying out dozens and dozens of dating sites and apps, our team has piled up the best Pittsburgh dating apps and sites to help you find that perfect person. No matter what corner of Pittsburg you come from, the following apps have tallied up the best results. Pittsburg is a special city, with particular apps working better here than in other areas of Pennsylvania!
#1 - East Meet East (Android; iOS) is one of the best dating apps in Pittsburgh for Asian singles
East Meet East is an exclusive app for Asian users in The U.S. Its main selling point is that women get to use the app for free, while men have a free trial before paying a monthly membership fee. This concept is super helpful for attracting a large female user base.
East Meet East ranks itself as one of the best dating apps in Pittsburgh for Asians and Asian-Americans. However, keep in mind that the typical user is either a college student or young professional, making this app geared more for 20- and 30-somethings.
Reasons to use East Meet East
- Great for finding a partner with a similar background
- Completely free for female users
- Better chance of accurate results
- Remains one of the best dating sites in Pittsburgh for Asians
What we didn’t like about it
- Male users have to pay to access most features
- Quite niche, so not a lot of users
#2 - eHarmony (Android; iOS) is the top dating site for serious relationship seekers
eHarmony has consistently been the best option in Pittsburgh if you really want a long-term relationship with someone you click with. It might be the most popular app out there (you've probably seen the commercials) and their results speak for themselves. 70% of people meet their future spouse within a year on the app and they're responsible for 75% of all marriages that start online.
Those are crazy results!
Though the initial quiz is lengthy, it seems to really help match you up with compatible pepole. The site is also helpful for helping matches get to know each other with its "Break the Ice" feature filled with interactive games and questions. Those who are hesitant about sending that first message will especially love this feature!
If you haven't checked out their trial you need to!
Why eHarmony is one of the best dating sites in Pittsburgh
- Highly accurate and compatible matches
- REALLY popular in Pittsburgh
- Extremely high success rates compared to other apps
What we didn’t like about it
- The sign-up process is lengthy
- You have to follow the process so you can’t influence it much
#3 - Raya (iOS) is the ultimate elite app
Raya: perhaps you've heard your favorite celebrity mention it. This is because the app is solely for exclusive users who must jump through many hoops to become members, attracting celebrities and other elite individuals. You need a referral from another user to be considered. The Raya committee will then review your Instagram following and decide if you're influential enough to join the app.
The exclusivity of this app is what attracts its many users. Raya also has tight privacy features that ensure users remain safe on the app, with no information getting leaked. As great as all that sounds, however, not everyone who wants a Raya account gets one.
Why Raya is one of the best dating apps in Pittsburgh
- Exclusivity means famous individuals populate the app
- The app can also be used for networking
- The profiles on the app have a sleek and organized look
What we didn’t enjoy
- The application process is long and difficult
- No Android platform, only iOS
#4 - AFF is the best hookup app in Pittsburgh
AFF is the best hookup app in Pittsburgh right now, especially for guys. Unlike Tinder, you don't have to be super attractive to get attention and it's completely focused on bedroom fun. More and more Tinder is morphing into a relationship app and less of a hookup app.
AFF is really popular in Pittsburgh and has over 60 million active users. That's a lot of people looking for a little fun. It's also completely focused on getting down to business so everyone on this site is after the same thing. That means you can skip a lot of the dating steps and get straight to the fun stuff.
If you haven't tried AFF's free trial below it's worth your time, especially if Tinder hasn't worked out great for you.
Why AFF is great
- Really popular in Pittsburgh
- Has been the most successful hookup app for men
- Easy to use
Negatives of the app
- You have to use their website to signup
- We’re not crazy about the design
- VERY NSFW
#5 - Hinge (Andriod; iOS) is perfect for those who prefer communication over swiping
Hinge markets itself as the app meant to be deleted from your phone. It's labeled one of the best dating apps in Pittsburgh due to its emphasis on communication. Users can react or send messages based on what they find on other users’ profiles. And this helps them communicate (unlike the usual “hey baby”).
Signing up for the app is easy, and it’s fun answering questions that will show up on your profile. Questions range from asking about your greatest strength to your biggest pet peeve. Think of it as Tinder but with a LOT more personality.
Why Hinge is great
- Great for singles who like to read dating app profiles
- Multiple ways to show interest on a profile
- Very popular with the younger crowd
Why it’s not for everyone
- Can be tedious for those who prefer swiping on photos
- The free version is limited
#6 - Zoosk (Android; iOS) is one of the best Pittsburgh dating apps for international users
Zoosk has a large presence in over 80 countries, with over 25 different languages spoken on the app itself. It remains one of the best apps for those looking for something in between casual and serious.
What makes Zoosk stand out is its Behavioral Matchmaking Technology feature. Zoosk will track which profiles you like, message and pass on to tailor the profiles you do see. In this way, its algorithm leads to more accurate matches than other dating apps.
Why Zoosk is one of the best dating sites in Pittsburgh
- Popular in many different countries, making it great for international users
- Verification means less fake profiles or potential scammers
- Good customer service for any potential problems on the app
What we didn’t like about it
- A free account has limited matches
- Sending messages isn’t free
#7 - Tinder (Android; iOS) is great if you're hot
Tinder: it's the app that everyone is talking about. Though it's popular, is it one of the best Pittsburgh dating apps? If you're looking for a more casual relationship, yes. Tinder is easy to use, with a simple swipe left or swipe right feature. The sign-up process is also very straightforward: just upload a few photos, and you're ready!
Many Tinder users use the app to find a quick date or a casual fling. There's a large variety of men and women to date, though the user base tends to be on the younger side. Some users are looking for something more serious or even just for friendships, though these are harder to find.
Reasons to try Tinder
- Super quick sign up process
- Easy messaging system
- Great for those who prefer photos
What we didn’t love about Tinder
- Most matches are based on looks alone
- Higher possibility of fake profiles and scammers
- Harder to find more long-term users here