In the internet era, flirting doesn’t exclusively happen in bars and clubs. Instead, dating apps are becoming the most popular platform for getting to know a potential partner. That’s why most guys wonder how to flirt online successfully.
After all, dating online is the best solution for modern working men who don’t have time to go out that much and for chronically shy guys who lack the courage to make the first move in person.
Additionally, dating apps and social media platforms grant you access to a huge pool of single women who could be a good match for you. Meeting dozens of hot women every day is not possible in real life, right? Well, online you can do it all from the comfort of your home!
The downside? Online, the competition is harsh. It’s well known that there are way more men than women on most dating apps. So the attractive ladies already get hundreds of messages every day. For this reason, the secret to success at flirting online is standing out from the crowd.
But how do you differentiate yourself from all the other online daters? No worries: Keep reading to learn more!
How To Flirt Online and Get Results
To grab her attention and keep it, you have to be a master flirter who’s going to give her the most fun she’s ever had on her smartphone without taking her clothes off.
So let’s get straight into the exactamundo details with how to flirt online with women.
1. Make your interactions positive and light-hearted
At the stage where you’re still trying to get a woman’s phone number, opening up to her about your problems at work isn’t a good idea. It may seem like a move that creates closeness and intimacy, but it can get the opposite result. This is one of the things you shouldn't mention in your message.
When dating online and interacting with potential partners, a woman just wants to have fun. In other words, the best way to impress her is by becoming her go-to guy when she wants to unwind. Be flirty, entertain her with your wit and always try to make her smile, even when you’re not in your best mood. This is a fantastic way of talking to girls online.
If things work out and you end up being in a relationship with her or at least dating her exclusively, then it will become appropriate—and even beneficial—to share your worries with her.
2. Learn how to flirt online using social media platforms
Your interactions with a potential date shouldn’t be limited to Tinder, Bumble and OkCupid. Today, asking a girl for her social media handles is considered an intermediate step between interacting on dating apps and asking for her phone number. You’re not ready to meet in person yet, but you’re still willing to get to know each other on a more personal level.
Actually, checking out a Tinder match on social media might also be a smart move: If she has photos with her friends on Facebook and Instagram, you’ll be sure that she’s not a catfish.
Additionally, social media gives you a chance to flirt by liking one of her photos without even having to type a word. It’s a simple way to instantly catch her attention. Then, if she likes one of your photos back, you’ll like another from her gallery, and so on.
When she starts to show signs of attraction, you can comment on her pics with the fire emoji, to let her know that you find her hot. Alternatively, you can catch her attention with a witty comment on one of her posts first. Then you can initiate the dance of liking each other’s photos back and forth.
Plus, try to follow her on every platform she uses: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Telegram and so on. By doing this, you avoid the risk of her forgetting about you while she chats with someone else on a platform you don’t use.
Also, if you can interact with her on multiple platforms, you’ll have more time to spend together. You won’t regret the extra work of having to manage multiple accounts: Flirting in several places online is fun and exciting!
3. Engage in role-play with her
No, we’re not talking about bedroom role-play where you have her wear a sexy nurse or schoolgirl costume. Instead, when you message a girl online, pretend that you’re already dating her or in a relationship with her.
This kind of interaction should be playful, and it might be naughty as well. Ask her jokingly, “What if we were on a date tonight?”
From this point on, have fun creating crazy, weird or kinky stories with her. Make sure that you create a situation where physical touch, such as kissing, is involved. Also, don’t talk all the time: Ask her several questions online and prompt her to create her own story, making her imagination run wild.
This simple trick will keep her interested. And if your story becomes a little naughty, it will create sexual tension even if you haven’t met her in person yet!
4. Use proper grammar and spelling in your texts, but be prepared to decipher her internet slang
Internet slang and text abbreviations aren’t your best friends when it comes to sending your first message online. They make you look overly juvenile and maybe even a bit immature. Definitely not sexy! In contrast, correct spelling, punctuation and grammar make you look confident and charming. This will greatly improve your message response rate.
However, you need to stay up to date with internet slang, as your potential date might use it heavily in her texts. Dating apps have their own acronyms and slang terms you should understand. Here are some examples:
- GSOH means “good sense of humor”. It’s something that women often write in their public profile on dating apps, where they describe what kind of man they’re looking for. They could also use this acronym to compliment you in an informal way.
- LTR means “long-term relationship”. Again, it’s an acronym that you’ll find often in women’s profiles, where they state what they want out of a potential relationship.
- If a woman mentions the “cuffing season,” she’s not referring to BDSM! Instead, she’s talking about the colder season, when singles are more motivated to find a partner to cuddle up with in front of the fireplace.
- “Deep like” is when you browse through the girl’s social media profiles and like some of her older photos.
- “IRL” means “in real life.” A girl will use this acronym in her texts when she’s ready to meet you in person.
- “MBA” means “married but available.” If you read this on a woman’s profile, run away
5. Take advantage of flirty emojis
Dr. Helen Fisher from Rutgers University told Time that singles who use emojis are more likely to have sex rather than people who don’t use them, referring to the results of a study conducted in collaboration with Match.com.
Overdoing emojis might make you look too juvenile. But adding one to your texts once in a while can make it easier to flirt online. However, you’ll need to choose the right emojis to spark her curiosity and create sexual tension with a naughty text.
Here are the flirtiest emojis you can find on your favorite messaging apps and how to use them with a girl you like:
- The fire emoji lets her know that you find her hot.
- The face blowing a kiss and the kiss mark emoji . . . well, they’re pretty self-explanatory. Use them without moderation, because women love them!
- The emoji with heart eyes as a comment on her photos lets her know that you find her gorgeous.
- There are several heart emojis and each one of them conveys a different message. The growing heart emoji and the heart with arrow suggest that you’re starting to fall in love with her. The heavy heart exclamation emoji, instead, looks just like a heart-shaped exclamation mark and conveys feelings of excitement and “butterflies in the stomach.”
- When you’re ready to meet her in real life, you can use emojis to ask her out on a date in a funny and unusual way. If you want to take her out to dinner, use the pizza or sushi emoji. If you want to go to the cinema, instead, send her the movie camera and popcorn emojis.
Try to incorporate emojis naturally in your texts, using them more or less as often as she does.
6. Avoid becoming needy by turning read receipts off
If you use WhatsApp for flirting, you’re probably familiar with the gray and blue ticks that indicate whether your message has been delivered and read or not. When you get overly anxious about checking if she has read your last message, “all these little nervous behaviors mess up your chances with this girl,”.Neediness is one of the major turn-offs for women! So turn off the read receipts right now!
On WhatsApp, you can prevent the grey ticks from becoming blue by going to “Settings” > “Privacy”, and unchecking “Read receipts”. This way, you won’t see if other people read your messages and other users won’t see if you read theirs.
You can turn off those anxiety-generating read receipts on several other platforms, too. However, remember that Facebook Messenger and Instagram don’t allow you to disable the “seen” feature. You’ll have to use a third-party extension for your browser if you want to stop worrying about read receipts!
7. Flirt online and keep her interested by teasing her
Ever teased a woman before? It’s easier online. When you flirt online with a lady, teasing her is essential.
Naturally, you need to exert a degree of tact here. If you’re clumsy, your teasing could venture into dangerously-aggressive territory. The problem with being online is that she can’t read your tone. Your aim is not to offend her, but to play with her. Your teasing should be friendly at all times, and you must make her aware that you don’t mean any harm. You’re just flirting with her!
I like to pick up on mistakes she makes in messages--funny typos, things like that. Then, I’ll use them to tease her later on.
Never tease her about things she’s sensitive about. Make sure you stick within the bounds of decency. Otherwise, you’ll come across as a malicious jerk. Mock her but make sure you do it in a humorous way that’s clearly a light-hearted joke.
If she won’t leave the house because of a broken nail?
“First world problems LOL.”
If she wants to go and see a lame band?
“I’m *insert name* and I like to hang out with teeny boppers at concerts.”
The easiest way to show her you’re teasing? Use emojis.
Remember that mockery can easily look like you’re being serious if you’re not careful. And when that happens, the flirtatious fun dies instantly. You’ve killed it and she might start thinking you’re a bit of a mean jerk.
These are some actionable tips for how to flirt online with women. Just remember to keep it positive, tease playfully, engage her in some role play and take advantage of multiple social media platforms. Don’t let your rivals dominate Facebook or Instagram! Be the one she wants to have flirtatious fun with. You can do it!