One of the biggest joys of life is getting to know your crush on a deeper level. And one of the easiest ways to achieve that is to learn about some great things to talk about with your crush. These topics can get them to open up to you and reveal their true self.
That said, knowing what to talk about with your crush so you can build a deep connection is easier said than done. Luckily, we’ll do our best to help you with that and reveal our list of what we believe are the greatest topics of conversation you can start with a simple question.
Once you read them and apply them when you talk to your crush, you’ll quickly find yourselves having a meaningful and insightful conversation. And your crush will certainly appreciate you taking the time to get to know them better than anyone else.
How Can You Tell If Something Is Good To Talk About With Your Crush?
To create this list of what to talk about with your crush, we thought long and hard about what makes a conversation memorable, insightful and meaningful.
Memorable conversations are emotional and leave an impact.
Insightful conversations delve deep into a person’s personality and find out how they would behave in various peculiar situations.
And meaningful conversations are those that people want to be a part of. That's because these conversations enrich them in some way and provide food for thought.
We did our best to create unique questions that touch on several or even all of these things at once, for your benefit. They’re great ways to get someone you like to talk to you.
You see, people like to talk about many different topics. But the most interesting topic the vast majority of people love to talk about is themselves!
That’s what makes our questions so special; they encourage a person to talk about their most favorite thing in the world. They get people to open up and reveal their innermost thoughts about life, the universe and everything else.
On top of that, your crush won’t be able to answer our questions with a simple “Yes” or “No.” They’ll have to actually take the time to think things through and answer in great depth. Now that’s one way to keep the conversation flowing.
That said, all of the questions on our list are meant to be insightful and fun when asked the right way. You’ll see several deep questions to ask, but you’ll also get some rather wacky, absurd and even ridiculous questions. Not to mention sexual and intimate ones.
There are also no right and wrong answers because everything is subjective. So don’t take things too seriously and simply enjoy your time with your crush.
Now let’s dig in!
50 Things To Talk About With Your Crush That Create Incredible Conversations
Let’s start off slow with some funny and deep questions and gradually build up to the really hard-hitting ones that’ll get your philosophical juices flowing.
1. What movies scared you the most as a child? Are they still scary to you?
Any subject that’s full of emotion can be interesting as long as you keep it light. This particular question also shows how they’ve matured as a person. It also reveals all the silly things they used to think were so scary when they were kids.
2. Would you like to be able to talk to cats or dogs, and why?
Some people love cats and others love dogs, and it tells a whole lot about them as a person. Then continue the conversation by asking what they would talk about with their furry friends.
This is one of the fun “would you rather” questions you can also ask when you’re already dating.
3. George Carlin once said “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” What were some of the times you did something incredibly, massively, jaw-droppingly stupid?
Questions that encourage your crush to show vulnerability around you are particularly powerful at building a strong connection.
4. If you had the ability to give any person an orgasm simply by pointing at them, how would you use this power?
A silly-sounding question that’ll let you know a lot about your crush’s morals and ethics. But it could also possibly reveal if they’re a little bit of a perv, which you should definitely tease them about! This question, when asked at just the right time, can also build tension between you and your crush.
5. If money were no object for you, what would you do with your life?
A well-known yet insightful question. It tells a lot about what they value in life and what they would do if they never had to worry about money.
6. What’s something you’ve done in your life that you’re least and most proud of?
This lets you learn about some of the best achievements and biggest embarrassments your crush has lived through.
7. If you had the chance to go back to when you were 10 years old and retain all your memories, would you do it?
A deeply philosophical question people can talk about for hours. It also reveals if your crush values the connections and friendships they’ve made in life.
8. When you met me, what was your first impression?
If you don’t know what to talk about with your crush, then asking this question will get the ball rolling. Plus, it’s a great opportunity to learn about what they thought of you when you first met.
9. What are the things you usually think about just before you fall asleep?
Countless conversations have sprung from this wonderful question. It delves really well into what preoccupies someone’s thoughts.
10. What’s something weird that turns you on?
If you hit the jackpot with this question, your crush will basically tell you if some of the weird things you do might be just the thing they have the hots for. Just make sure you reserve this for when you’re already a little close.
11. What are the biggest ways you express your love and affection for someone? What’s your love language?
A great way to see how your crush expresses their love. There are five main love languages in romantic relationships. And learning which one they prefer will make communicating so much easier.
12. What’s the nicest thing someone has ever done for you and why was it so important to you?
Depending on what they say, you’ll get a glimpse into the little (or even big) gestures they appreciate the most.
13. What do you consider to be some of the biggest red flags when you’re getting to know someone on a date?
This question often leads to funny and interesting stories. You’ll also learn a few things you should avoid doing when you’re with your crush.
14. What’s one special thing you can do that most people can’t?
Great way to learn about hidden talents. Also an opportunity to tease your crush if her talents are useless or funny.
15. What’s something other people don’t find funny but you consider to be hilarious?
A person’s sense of humor is highly subjective and reveals a lot about their personality. If your sense of humor happens to coincide with theirs, it could be the start of something wonderful.
16. What was the movie (song, book, etc.) that left you speechless for a very long time and you just couldn’t stop thinking about it?
Another great way to learn what makes the person you adore tick. Ask them to tell you exactly why this thing was so impactful and what made it special.
17. What’s the first thing you’re going to do when the aliens show up?
Talking about aliens visiting us is always a bit silly, but this question really says a lot about a person. You can see what their priorities are and what they think is important during unprecedented times.
18. If you could telepathically say something to every single person in the world all at once, what would you say?
Maybe your crush is an activist and wants to save the world. Maybe they’re wise and can help everyone with a simple message. Or maybe they’re just vain and want to become famous. Lots of things to discover here!
19. If you got a pill that made you not need to sleep ever again, what would you do with all the extra time?
A hypothetical question that gets to the core of what’s most important to someone. Would they spend the extra time studying, working, enjoying life or even doing nothing at all?
20. What’s one thing you miss the most about being a kid?
Plenty of adults miss being a kid. What made your crush’s childhood special?
21. How do you get along with your entire family?
If you want to get to know someone really well, then ask them how well they get along with their entire family. Most people can talk about this for days.
22. What are some of your guilty pleasures and what’s something you just couldn’t live without?
Maybe your crush is someone who scarfs down 10 twinkies every weekend? Or maybe they like picking out ingrown hairs, no matter how gross it is? These little guilty pleasures are always fun to talk about, especially if your crush is trying to convince you that it’s absolutely normal!
23. What are some of your pet peeves when it comes to people?
Same as with guilty pleasures, learning about pet peeves will also give you a great glimpse into their personality.
24. What happened between you and your ex and why’d you break up?
This can be a goldmine of information that’ll help you significantly if you get into a relationship with that person. Just make sure she’s already over her ex, otherwise don’t bring it up.
25. If you met a genie and got the chance to ask for three wishes, what would you get?
People love fantasizing about what they’d do if they had a chance to get anything in the world. This will provide you with many insights into their worldview.
Even More Ideas to Talk About with Your Crush?
Here’s another batch of questions that will get your crush to open up to you.
26. When you were growing up, what was your favorite toy?
27. People say it’s better to ask for forgiveness than permission. What do you think and why?
28. If you owned a company and had to fire 100 people, how would you do it to make it less painful?
29. If you had the ability to time travel, what’s the biggest thing you’d like to change about the history of mankind?
30. How do you deal with lots of stress and anxiety?
31. What are some of the most romantic things you have ever done for your lover?
32. If you could get a great place in any city in the world, where would you like to live?
33. Is there something about you that your family and close friends would be shocked to hear?
34. You get the chance to have one superpower for a whole day. What would you choose and what would you do with it?
35. Does any person in the world know everything about you?
36. If you could erase one genre of music, what would it be?
37. What’s the one skill you’d love to be good at?
38. Next big thing you want to achieve in life?
39. Do you already know the names of your future children?
40. What’s one food you just can’t live without?
41. What’s the most horrible thing a guest has done in your home?
42. What’s something you just can’t get your head around and don’t understand at all?
43. Money or fame?
44. What’s more important, getting a good night’s rest or lots of sex?
45. What or who would you die for?
46. What do you think are the most important things for a healthy relationship?
47. What was the absolute best day of your life and why?
48. What positive or negative event has made the biggest impact and changed the course of your life completely?
49. What are some of your biggest regrets so far?
50. Would you know if someone who has a crush on you is staring into your eyes?
This last question is a bit risqué but if you think your crush feels the same way, go ahead and ask it.
By now you should have plenty of things to talk about with your crush. Each and every single one of these questions can open the floodgates to having a deep and meaningful conversation with the person you adore.
As always, a quick reminder: Don’t overthink things and take them too seriously! So having a fun and lighthearted conversation is the key here.